Top Shelf Aquatics

Josh's 34g Halfmoon

ddr_phish

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well things are horrible, this tank (my 34 gallon half-moon) is officially crashed, everything is dead except for the 2 clowns and a couple of corals (Zoanthids and Birdsnest and Frogspawn) that I put in my frag tank. My frag tank is starting to crash, my 10 gallon cube is still fine. I lost my hobby guys... It'll be over a month before we have power back. I'm going to try and bring my frag tank and cube to my dads (he has a generator) to save them, thats how I'm online... Life sucks in Texas...

Thanks guys, I'm going to try and start transporting my frag tank and 10gallon cube to my dads tomorrow. My cube still smells fine, but my frag tank is starting to smell stagnant... Is it worth trying to save the frag tank still or is it too far gone? This sucks bad... It's hard enough trying to find gasoline and keeping my wife and 2 little girls (7 and 6 years old) comfortable, atleast a cold front came through to drop humidity and cool things off.... I'm so heart broke... I'll take pics of the slime-pit aka my 34g half-moon sometime this week...

Thanks man... My frag tank is crashed now... And I only have two clowns left, 2 plates, 1 head frogspawn and a couple of zoanthids left that are in my 10 gallon cube... Temperatures have plummeted to 65 degrees in my tanks...

I tried to move the tanks this morning, but it proved to be too stressful and heartbreaking... If anyone nearby would like to come get some livestock free of charge (unless you wanna donate some gas money in exchange for frags)... I still have some alive in my frag tank, they need a good home, idk if they can make it another 48 hours...

aahhh man thats really too bad if i lived in the huston area i would let your stuff hang out in my large frag tank until you got you tanks squared away.

I don't know if its a mistake to do this or not... But anyone in the Houston area that wants some free frags (will probably only be able to live another 24-48 hours) please call me (281) 723 2458.. I have some really beautiful and rare pieces, you HAVE to pick up, I live in Cleveland north of Houston... If you can't get through then keep trying to call and leave me a voicemail if I don't answer...

You know we'll help all we can.

I'm sure I can get a bunch of people together to donate frags if you want to stick in there and stabilize your tanks.

Doesn't matter how long it takes, we'll help.

You know we'll help all we can.

I'm sure I can get a bunch of people together to donate frags if you want to stick in there and stabilize your tanks.

Doesn't matter how long it takes, we'll help.

+1

Thats really kind of you guys... I had built my tanks up so much in the past 6 months, upgraded my lighting, bought a couple thousands dollars worth of frags/livestock... I am really discouraged from starting up again because of the cost of it all... My tank is a barren sludge-pit, it is so depressing, I was finally becoming proud of my tank... I will say one positive thing though, it makes me happy to see how everyone is coming together over this, sharing food with neighbors, giving away ice and water, sharing generators and all these power companies from 38 different states, and now Nano-Reef wanting to help by donating frags to me... Its such a beautiful thing to see happen, I thank you guys so much... I don't want to leave the hobby, because for me its more than that, its become part of my life...

-Josh - Cleveland, Texas

Great statement there josh its in times of great heartache we find what is true of ourselfs and of prefect strangers. To come together and help someone through a great diaster full knowing that the greatest gift you could of gave someone is that helping hand and the listening sincere ear of non judgement. I wish you the best of luck josh to you and your family.

Myself i will help you with livestock and any other help

-Scott

Dude, I am very sorry you are going through this, but you must not give up the hobby. You have been very helpful to everyone on this site and I am sure people will return the favor. Once your power is up and you feel that you are stable, I will contact a NR sponsor and buy you a gift certificate for corals. You have all of the equipment already, we just need to get you some more livestock. DO NOT SWEAT THE LIVESTOCK!!! While I personally will not be able to afford all that you have lost, I'm sure that we can put together an exciting gift pack for you.

You live in Texas and mentioned Absolute vodka? Have you ever tried Tito's (made in Texas) ? By far the best vodka I have ever had. Go out and grab a bottle once you are safe, you can thank me later.

Dump the stinky tanks and clean them up for your pending new livestock orders. I promise to help.

NOO!!

:tears: I'm so sorry. Maybe I could come pick up. I know someone who might like some of your frags as well with a Solana. It really sucks your tank is a goner. I hope you decide to stick with the hobby.. We'll miss you! Could you PM me your address? Maybe I can talk my parents into taking me by your house...

Edit: And I just made a bunch of new frags that are ready for ya when you want 'em! And If you just want me to hold what you have left and the give it to you later I would definitely do that as well.

Archived