Coral Vue Hydros

GB: ACJRsSTF, FINALIZING!

121a

Ok, so I really want a controller really really bad now. So i decided to start a group buy. This is through Socal Tropical Fish and they will be shipping to YOU. This is what i was told by STF:

6 or more and we get them for $245 shipped if you want a serial cable it is $15 more. This includes: DC8, Std PH probe, Temp, Serial Port, Backlite base unit and calibration packets.

I will not be dealing with paypal you will have to send the payment to them. I will give everyone the address when we have 6 people or more. Then you send the money and your controllers is shipped.

121arocks@sbcglobal.net

Give me your:

--------------------------------------------

Name:

From (website):

--------------------------------------------

Thanks!

so i don't think many will be interested in participating because they would have bought what they needed last month.

EDIT: but hey, maybe i am wrong

I figured it is Spring and more people may have money now and plus tax checks or whatever, (16 yos. don't care yet). So it is only 10 people well 9 really.

MAN! i really want an ac3 but i dunno!

do you know what comes in the packages? their site isnt working still and i have no clue what their packages include

So how much is shipping to you and then shipping back to me? That extra shipping may or may no negate a 10% savings on a $230 package...

Thanks.

Shipping to me is free, i'm hoping to find out if these will fit in a prepaid USPS box meaning shipping will hopefully be $9 or so to you.

http://www.reefgeek.com/equipment/Controll...Neptune_Systems

try that link, for the AC3 it is working for me.

"Package includes AquaController 3 base unit with temperature probe and blue backlight, standard grade pH probe, pH 7 & pH 10 calibration fluid, ORP probe and Direct Connect 8. The AquaController 3 has the capability to monitor and control pH, temperature and ORP, set off an audible alarm or send an e-mail when a monitored condition exceeds a preset value or the systems power fails, simulate sunrise, sunset and moon cycles, control powerheads/pumps for wavemaking, and perform data-logging. Alarm E-mail includes current pH, temperature, ORP, conductivity and dissolved oxygen, power status, and the state of all controlled devices at the time of the alarm event. Also features a built-in Ethernet port with remote accessible web interface."

$509 for the AC3 or the one with the lap ph is $559.

hmmm maybe its just me then because its not working for me

all i get is the page cannot be found

is the temp probe included in that package?

Shipping to me is free, i'm hoping to find out if these will fit in a prepaid USPS box meaning shipping will hopefully be $9 or so to you.

http://www.reefgeek.com/equipment/Controll...Neptune_Systems

try that link, for the AC3 it is working for me.

"Package includes AquaController 3 base unit with temperature probe and blue backlight, standard grade pH probe, pH 7 & pH 10 calibration fluid, ORP probe and Direct Connect 8. The AquaController 3 has the capability to monitor and control pH, temperature and ORP, set off an audible alarm or send an e-mail when a monitored condition exceeds a preset value or the systems power fails, simulate sunrise, sunset and moon cycles, control powerheads/pumps for wavemaking, and perform data-logging. Alarm E-mail includes current pH, temperature, ORP, conductivity and dissolved oxygen, power status, and the state of all controlled devices at the time of the alarm event. Also features a built-in Ethernet port with remote accessible web interface."

$509 for the AC3 or the one with the lap ph is $559.

darthvader

If you order alot, GK can ship to different buyers since they are offering free shipping over 200, I am sure each controller will be over 200.

There is a shop next to my house Tropical Fish Outlet at 2495 E. Chapman Avenue Fullerton, CA 92831 www.socaltropicalfish.com they ran a special deal for like 235 cash pick up for a ACjr, backlite, serial port, dc8, temp. probe, ph probe, calibration fluid and they also offering additional 15% off on all neptune accessaries. Contact them I am sure they can give you guys a discount without doing the GB thingy.

Yeah, that was me - the GB was thru SCNRS. I had to ship a few because ReefGeek will only ship to the coordinator of the GB - free shipping on $200 purchases doesn't apply. One shipping address, one payment - that's the rules.

Also, if you're doing PayPal - what about the 3% fee? I had people pay me in advance with cashiers checks or money orders. If they were local, they paid cash.

Up to 2 ACjr.s can fit into a large flat rate USPS Priority Box. So, shipping is only $9 plus any insurance you purchase. The packaging they come in fits rather snuggly into the USPS box.

PM me if you have any questions.

edit: As my friend OMEN just reminded me, the ACJr. packages come with calibration fluid.

Stan

^-- So go with the ACJr instead. You can get a controller, temp probe and DC8 for $219 before the discount.

Some questions:

- What was the verdict on shipping? $9 on top of the discounted package price?

- How many people have actually signed on to this GB?

- Did you (121a) give SoCal a call? Maybe they'll doing something more than RG will.

i guess my main concern is how soon are you going to be making this order? i just ordered a chiller and funds are a little low, especially with stupid lfs trips always tricking me to buy stuff i dont have space for!

if its in a month or 2 im deffinately in, any sooner and im gunna have to endup paying more for it because its going to be going on the credit card and at 8% it really wouldnt be worth it

Cant believe your not waiting for the RHE to be released....

ALL PUN INTENDED...LOL

They cant even get a Pre Order out...was posted to start in March..LOL

Im waiting...cause IM BROKE and love buying coral to much :P

Izzue

So let me get this straight... Locals wouldn't be able to p/u from reefgeek right? We'd HAVE to have them ship it to you so that you could ship it back to within 15 miles of where the package originated?

Jesse

^-- So go with the ACJr instead. You can get a controller, temp probe and DC8 for $219 before the discount.

Some questions:

- What was the verdict on shipping? $9 on top of the discounted package price?

- How many people have actually signed on to this GB?

- Did you (121a) give SoCal a call? Maybe they'll doing something more than RG will.

- Yes $9 for the ACjrs not sure on the AC3s.

- So far 2 (you and me, and an interested other.)

- I sent him an e-mail. If you go to the website you'll notice that the same package is $275 as opposed to $270 on rg.

FateX9:

I want to order near the end of May, or as soon as we have 10 people.

reefman23:

I'll contact rg and see if we can work something like that out.

Socal Tropical Fish are saying 6 buyers and the same package on reefgeek will be $245 shipped to YOUR door, not mine. After a quick calculation this is $2 more than the reefgeek deal @ 10%. and @12% it is $7.20 cheaper by reefgeek. I would actually rather go with STF as i won't have to worry and waste gas to ship these. LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST. WE ARE GOING THROUGH SOCAL TROPICAL FISH NO REEFGEEK. SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER THIS WAY.

Socal Tropical Fish are saying 6 buyers and the same package on reefgeek will be $245 shipped to YOUR door, not mine. After a quick calculation this is $2 more than the reefgeek deal @ 10%. and @12% it is $7.20 cheaper by reefgeek. I would actually rather go with STF as i won't have to worry and waste gas to ship these. LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL POST. WE ARE GOING THROUGH SOCAL TROPICAL FISH NO REEFGEEK. SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT IT WILL BE MUCH EASIER THIS WAY.

So what is the difference in the $245 shipped package from STF and the $225 shipped package from marinedepot.com? Here is the md.com page... $225 at md.com

Jesse

BKtomodachi
So what is the difference in the $245 shipped package from STF and the $225 shipped package from marinedepot.com? Here is the md.com page... $225 at md.com

Jesse

That one does not include a pH probe.

And for what its worth, I think going with STF is a very reasonable move on your part. I am still indebted to StanD for all the work he did on the ReefGeek GB for my light! :bowdown:

so no more reefgeek gb then?

well then im out

...? This is through SoCal Tropical Fish now. I've done many group buys (livestock & equipment) through them and they're a reliable company.

same stuff just much less to worry about on both our ends. Like i don't want to make any mistakes while shipping these or collecting money. Plus i got a response the same day i emailed which is a really good sign.

BK: Are you still in?

Archived