Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

24gal AP sump water lvl?

Jungle_John

Jungle_John

so im wondering what the water level in the sump sopose to be at? from day one when i filled my tank up the sump filled up with it making me think it wasnt sealed good. the sump level is a little lower than my tank lvl however the water dosnt move so im afraid the top will become stagnit. can any one please post pics of there 24gal AQ sump water lvl?

thanks guys and sorry for the bad spelling trying to type on a phone:-p

Just looked at mine and the water level is very slightly lower in the sump area. You said you're worried that the water will become stagnant. That would only happen if the water is truly still. As long as ater is being pumped out you're good. I have some nice flow through the "skimmer" vanes, but that's because I've got a MJ1200 for the return pump AND a MJ1200 to pump out to the chiller.

I think you'll be fine as well, lots of people have the water level only slightly lower in the back chambers. If you'd really like to lower the level in the back chambers, you can add a thin piece of acrylic to the top skimmer teeth, so that water only pours over the very teeth. You'll probably have to do this anyways if you're running closed top and want to add a skimmer. Also, make sure that the grate blocks are secure, mine sometimes get a little loosened and need to be readjusted to keep the water our effectively.

-MR

Archived