SaltCritters.com

Feedback we have on this site

johnmaloney

johnmaloney

Thanks BibleSue, didn't know you were on this site. Happy to see they are cleaning each other, tell them to get back to cleaning the tank! For other readers stopping by that is two dwarf Planaxis snails cleaning a Florida Cerith.

johnmaloney
Thanks BibleSue, didn't know you were on this site. Happy to see they are cleaning each other, tell them to get back to cleaning the tank!

It doesn't get any better for cleanup crews than this guy right here. I ordered back a few months and my snail population has exploded. They multiply like rabbits. They should be called humper snails.

johnmaloney

How come everybody can breed them but me! I am jealous...Good to see you are still around here dzones.

johnmaloney

Replied. I am going to get back you again tomorrow night, I got to wake up early for a shipment tomorrow.

Well the snail race definitely peaked my interest and the stock pulled me in. I just had to check it out myself so put in an order. Not a huge show stopper but a nice refresh on my current crew. Definitely looking forward to the the little guys.

Just wanted to say that John is great to work with and has very energetic cleaners. After the time in the bags/box, they were still ready to go and eating right away. Macro looks great as well.

Thanks John

eklikewhoa

I have gotten both snails and macro and both were outstanding!

Some of the macro John offers is unbelievable and makes me kinda ashamed to have them in the fuge.

johnmaloney

In the fuge! That is where you put them...oh you are killing me! :P Nothing to be ashamed of getting a display refugium is the new way of adding a new tank, without getting the weird looks from people when they say "you got another one?". I guess that makes me an enabler.

My only problem is my Mexican turbo was in one corner of the tank and a nerite snail, 1 of the 10 purchased from you, decided to lay eggs in that corner and laid eggs on the turbo as well as along the glass. I think the turbo is embaressed now. The nerites really seem to like to hitchike on the turbo anyway. I think he caries them from the bottom of the tank back up to the water line so they can get out of the water for a while. He usually has one or two every trip. Weird.

I placed an order last week and am very pleased! I ordered four astreas and a bucketload of cerith and nassarius. The astreas didn't fair too well (all doa) but that could have very well been my fault. I thought someone was going to be home to collect the package -- no one was home, and the postman -who usually runs on my lunch break- was early, so the snails had to spend an extra night in the box. Everyone else is happy though, including the crabs as they now have new astrea shells to fight over.

I wouldn't hesitate to place another order. :happy:

johnmaloney

Hah! The Nerites must think he is one weird rock! Talk about a lazy snail, they want a ride...

Sorry about the Astreas, they generally don't do well in shipping anyway, the extra night may have done it, but who knows? Email me, and we will work out a refund. I looked through the orders and didn't find any Zippy-T's :)

Sorry about the Astreas, they generally don't do well in shipping anyway, the extra night may have done it, but who knows? Email me, and we will work out a refund. I looked through the orders and didn't find any Zippy-T's :)

I appreciate the offer but don't worry about it. You'd probably pay more in the paypal transaction fee than what the refund was worth.

See, you on-the-fencers? Order. Now! :lol:

I think I registered as 'zippiekat' on your site.... I think. I've had a few sleeps and a few margaritas since then. lol

Did you guys use Express or Priority shipping?

I may try to setup a club group buy as Macroalgae in this area is limited to basically chaeto.

johnmaloney

We use both. For macros, going with Priority works fine in most cases. Halymenia and Pink Galaxy are the only real trouble makers with Priority, but even those do pretty well with it.

John

• 4 weeks later...

Got my order today and everything looks great. Ceriths are working over both of my tanks. Mermaids fan, pencil cap, red flame and pink galaxy all look great. Divided them up between my NC12 and my 60. I have lost count on the macros I have in the 60, with hitchikers and what I have bought from you.

I will eventually post pics of the tanks. I hate to say I get more excited about the macro than I do about corals these days. What do I know though, my wife actually asked why I couldn't get into a less geeky hobby, like dungeons and dragons. :lol: She bought me the NC12 in 2004 so she can only blaim herself.

Thanks once again,

Chris

johnmaloney

hah! Macros are where it is at. You never get disappointed with some 1x1 inch frag that is hard to see in the tank. We want pics!

• 4 weeks later...

I think more people need to give macro a chance. So far I have suction cup and grape Caulerpa (suction cup is winning the battle over one rock), flame, red titan, Halimeda scabra, pencil cap, mermaids fan, a little sargassum that is more food than anything else and saw tooth Caulerpa in my 60. The pink galaxy is in hiding because my scopas tang got mad at it. Very weird fish.

Watching pencil cap or maidens fan spreading in the sand bed is pretty cool. Maiden's fan, Two smaller ones coming up in front of my original. It's behind a torch so pic isn't great and the top hat likes to hang out behind.

post-13875-1216151790_thumb.jpg

Even codium can be fun. This short codium has been around for about three years and is growing in a high flow area so it is staying small and dense. Full of pods and the fish love to hunt in this stuff as the pods stand out better. The pencil cap has been spreading just below this. There are several of the reefcleaners hermits and dwarf ceriths hanging around and in the codium. Codium is very easy to trim back, pops right off for those who hate to cut, yank or rip at other macros.

post-13875-1216152157_thumb.jpg

Half the pink and some of the flame has made it too my kids' Nano Cube. This rock is Florida aquacultured so it has multiple colors of coraline already and has some sargassum (still food here too) and some red grape, though the red grape has an encrusting sponge attached so it is not growing fast. You have to love the colors on Florida rock.

post-13875-1216152742_thumb.jpg

Just thought I would share the start of the garden. The polyp in the next pic has a double head and has been spreading fast. Nestled near the jungle my Peppermint shrimp lives in.

post-13875-1216153453_thumb.jpg

post-13875-1216151983_thumb.jpg

johnmaloney

yeah I like macro, you can do some neat things with it. It is real easy to frag around with too, which makes it pretty cool. (At least with most species). I really like that jungle you got in there. Thanks for sharing the pics!

I will add my experience: Great! John and his company are awesome to deal with and very helpfull. My order was packaged well and all survived and are cleaning away! There were many freebies in each bag and out of a rather large cleaner crew there was only one dead snail. Dont hesitate to order from these guys! You wont be dissapointed!

Archived