Top Shelf Aquatics

Phixion's custom "12 x "16 x "12 AIO tank build

Phixion

varanus37

Very nice. Is that brain really that yellow or is it the camera? Never seen a yellow one, that would be sweet.

Bill

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
squirrelieygrrrl

took ya long enough ;)

looks great! decided to ditch the sand i see. that musta been a real pita.

i love the look of the new stand and revamped hood(?). very sleek!

im using an old chunk of a retro circa 60's kitchen countertop! lol.

Thanks Squirreliey!! :) The hood is actually the same as before, just no daytime reflection off it when I took the after pic. ;) I did decide to go BB this time around, I think it'll work out better than with sand. Taking the old out only took about 5 minutes, lol! Not too much of a PITA...

Varanus, the brain is actually kinda bleached I think... I used to be a more vibrant neon/nuclear green rather than yello, but how you see it in the pic is indeed how it looks in person pretty much.

squirrelieygrrrl

aaah,

lol, i couldnt tell if it was reflection or clear acrylic! hence my ? mark. :P

i kinda like it bb. good thing it wasnt a pita.

pitas are bad news unless spread with hummus.

aaah,

lol, i couldnt tell if it was reflection or clear acrylic! hence my ? mark. :P

i kinda like it bb. good thing it wasnt a pita.

pitas are bad news unless spread with hummus.

I concur 100%!! B):P

varanus37

Bummer on the bleaching. Makes me think of a Mello-Yello can. Too bad that's a stressed out color, I think it looks pretty nice. LOL.

Bill

Yup, 10 gallon total volume. B) The specs are "12x"16x"12... Display is a perfect cube "12x"12x"12... Rear was made specifically to accomidate a Tunze 9002 Skimmer.

Niiice! I'm jealous you have a special place for your Tunze skimmer. I don't even know where to put my Tunze 9002 in my 10 gal. for it to fit nicely...<_<

Niiice! I'm jealous you have a special place for your Tunze skimmer. I don't even know where to put my Tunze 9002 in my 10 gal. for it to fit nicely...<_<

Well this tank is a very LE tank that was made specialy for SCNRS, there's about a dozen in existance to the same specs as mine, though the other 11 have 3 baffles in the back where mine only has 2, I had it made that way so mine is completely custom. I really love this tank though!! B)

Gena, I used a Kent Marine all plastic scraper I got as a freebie from MAX when I went there last month. I think I scrached the acrylic a little with it, but it's not that noticable. It really took care of the crap on the glass though! :)

And thanks Kimberly! :D

Lookin good Matt! It's all about the custom tanks!

Seriously!! I mean you get what you want, how you want it. And I never imagined me going metal halide either if you were to talk to me say a year ago, lol!! But for this tank, it makes the world of differance. Even 70w can bleach stuff though. I sad this tank as you see it in the current pics is as close as I can get to how awesome your tanks are, Paul! B) And thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, hot off the press FTS... Now while the tank is clean and all, I'm not satisfied. I'm not sure if going BB intesifies the light or not, but things that were ok before the clean up have now bleaches since. :( But a small SPS frag I had and a birdsnest I had as well. =/ And my zoas aren't really opening up either... Maybe a piece of egg crate to divert the light is needed... Anyways, here's FTS in TRUE color too! :D

SCNRS_FTS_0512.jpg

Looks good. What are you gonna use to scrape/clean your acrylic?

Thanks!! Actually I have a small Kent Marine all plastic scrapper I used to initially clean it out. It works well, so I'll keep using that. Otherwise I got a MagFloat in there, I gotta bug CJerome about a Nimble for "1/2 acrylic though, lol! And I gotta get in touch with you about your CUC offerings as well! B) This is the tank They'd be going into.

Where's the tang???

Hiding in the back behind the rocks, shhh don't tell anyone or the tang 5-0 will be here pronto! :lol::ninja:

crazydante23
Thanks!! Actually I have a small Kent Marine all plastic scrapper I used to initially clean it out. It works well, so I'll keep using that. Otherwise I got a MagFloat in there, I gotta bug CJerome about a Nimble for "1/2 acrylic though, lol! And I gotta get in touch with you about your CUC offerings as well! B) This is the tank They'd be going into.

cool, im looking for a way to clean my tank without scratching it. I might order a kent scraper. Pm me with your number when you are ready to pickup.

I love the way the new light color looks!!!!! I had trouble too, when I upgraded my lighting. I'm still not screen free on my tank. Everytime I try to take it away...something starts to look mad! I'm down to one layer so I'm not sure what else I can do. Maybe I can find a lighter screen. I hope yours adjusts soon! You may need egg crate and screening.

what kind of screen you guys use to acclimate your lights?

I just bought a roll of window screen from the hardware store.

cool, im looking for a way to clean my tank without scratching it. I might order a kent scraper. Pm me with your number when you are ready to pickup.

Sure thing, I have an extra of that scrapper too as they were giving out free ones at MAX, I'll drop it by for you. :)

Thanks for the tip, Gena! :) I'm not sure what the issue is. Tjis light has been over the tank for a few months now including about a month before I moved back in Dec! So things should be well adjusted. :( I've just never gon BB with this tank before... Nothing ever had a problem in the past though, not even my watermelon chalice i had in there, and those require low light. But I'll try out some screen mesh if I can get a hold of some. :)

Archived