inTank Media Baskets

Phixion's custom "12 x "16 x "12 AIO tank build

Phixion

Let me clean it up this week and I'll get you those pics right quick!! B) I'll makes me some watah tonight and then work on the tank through the week.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought you promised us pictures??

...I leave disappointed... -_-

I did, and I apologize. :tears:

I just want to get it looking good again... =/

Hi Matt! I LOVE this tank! I can't wait to see the "new" look :)

Thanks Gena!! :) I can't wait either, I don't have any ideas in my head of how I want to scape it, lol!! It'll just be a scape as I go kinda deal. :D

squirrelieygrrrl

hey there sir,

just read through your thread from where i left off last. total bummer that your havin issues. looked great with the mh though!

lemme know when your ready to do the big reveal!

tc

hey there sir,

just read through your thread from where i left off last. total bummer that your havin issues. looked great with the mh though!

lemme know when your ready to do the big reveal!

tc

I definitely will! :) I'm pretty bummed too about it's current state. :( Things were so perfect with the tank when I tore it down to move. When I ponder what could have gone wrong, all I can think of is the sand I'm currently using... It's just not the same at what I had in it before and tossed out. That's literally all that changed, well that and no CUC in there anymore either. The thing is, taking a current pic won't do much because there's crap on the glass that would block seeing in, that's why I need to scrube the whole tank down...

squirrelieygrrrl

no worries.

take yer time. im the same way about stuff like that, if it isnt perfect to hell with it. lol!

no worries.

take yer time. im the same way about stuff like that, if it isnt perfect to hell with it. lol!

hehe, I'm glad you understand. :) If I take one, I definitely gotta wait till lights on in the morning. The flash of the camera just isn't cutting it...

Alright, here's a long awaited pic I snapped this morning after lights on. DOn't say I didn't warn you all though! ;)

SCNRS_5_1_09.jpg

omgomgomg

Kimberly63

lol I see you got tired of being harrassed but WOWZA is there even anything in there? lol I can't see in.

Actually I think I see grassy plains and hills inside...oh wait, oh nooooo.. -_-

:lol:

Told you so Scott! :P:lol:

You got it Kimberly, LOTS of grassy hills and plains! :P:ninja: I don't think the vodka would kill it all anyways, but all the rock is gonna go as well as the sand... And I'm gonna Magic Eraser the viewing glass, magfloat won't get that stuff and my scrapper isn't making much dent in it either... =/ it's not coralline, so I'm not sure what it is that's on the glass.

well....I'll look forward to the cleaned up photos :)

I have that kind of algae growing on my acrylic tank too. I wonder if it has something to do with acrylic? I just get tiny spots of it. I have one of those acrylic safe scrapers on a stick and it scrapes it away with some pressure.

I still see the beauty underneath ;)

squirrelieygrrrl

poo.

thats a real bummer. :scarry:

im sure youll bring it back and make it better than before!

poo.

thats a real bummer. :scarry:

im sure youll bring it back and make it better than before!

Goodness I sure hope so!! I'll do a before and after pic of the tank and the "rack" it's currently on and then of the BC14 stand it'll be transfered on to. Tank renovation commences today! Well much later on today, hehe. ;)

crazydante23

Lemme know if you wanna borrow a seahare, I dont know if she will eat that grass. And I have lots of snails to spare.

Lemme know if you wanna borrow a seahare, I dont know if she will eat that grass. And I have lots of snails to spare.

Thanks Dante! Snails I might have to take you up on, I dunno if a hare will be too big for this tank, the display area is a perfect square "12x"12x"12. I have had hares before that completely devoured up GHA though! But snails I'll for sure hit you up on, and you're not too far from me too! B)

squirreliey: You have no idea how antsy I am to get this done, lol! :P

crazydante23

No prob, just shoot me a pm when you wanna come by. The hare did a great job in my tank, now I have to feed him algea sheets.

Well after procrastinating much of the day, the tank is fonally done!! :D Here's some beffore, after and a close up pic of it all... Thank goodness I don't have to vodka dose now anymore...

Clear bucket is my ATO bucket, and the white box on the top shelf is the MH ballast

SCNRS_before.jpg

And the completed project...

SCNRS_after.jpg

And a close up to show the tank is actually CLEAn and you can see through the glass (acrylic in this case)... :P

SCNRS_clean_503.jpg

Archived