SaltCritters.com

Reef chemistry calculator help needed...

The Propagator

filefish949
So how about those photos? Put up or shut up Mr. Man.

Ive been keeping sps since 91'.

Your posts in this thread are just hurting you my man. Not me.

Troll on brother .. troll on...

use the search feature, same thin that could have answered this beginner question. I have posted plenty of pics

:P

woops, forgot search is beyond you, here are some old photos

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=140136&hl=

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=140058&hl=

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=151141&hl=

img0120wi5.jpg

img9792dq0.jpg

img9788uo2.jpg

img0142it6.jpg

img0114tk3.jpg

img9882uu6.jpg

img9303ki3.jpg

img9296nb3.jpg

img9490ot2.jpg

img8516vk0.jpg

img8714uq4.jpg

I hope the two of you see how rediculous this is... You are both fighting over who's been reefing the longer and who's tank is better... Come on guys...

The Propagator

Beautiful stand. Very nice set up. Nice and tech'y ( tech ain't my thing. If I cant do it I wont trust a machine to do it for me for the same reasons your worried about in the thermometer thread. All that money and you still cant trust them. Personal pref.)

Now show me all the acropora you've been keeping since 2001 that are still alive.

I ain't searching shiat. Post it here noob.

I wonder if it's possible to turn this around? Prop, I use Seachem Reef Advantage for calcium and ReefBuilder for alkalinity for my smaller tanks. Cheaper in the long run since it's dry powder so no shipping of water.

Anything big I use my calcium reactor and kalkwasser drip.

filefish949
Beautiful stand. Very nice set up. Nice and tech'y ( tech ain't my thing. If I cant do it I wont trust a machine to do it for me for the same reasons your worried about in the thermometer thread. All that money and you still cant trust them. Personal pref.)

Now show me all the acropora you've been keeping since 2001 that are still alive.

I ain't searching shiat. Post it here noob.

thanks for the compliments. but that would be 93' for me, unfortunately i went tankless and homeless for a few years after my divorce but talk to jeff over at euroreef, I have known him since back before there even was a Euroreef and he had H2O tropicals

and I as well do not trust automation, every automation I have employs a fail-safe of some sort or another. but automation makes my live easier and can bring the quality of life for my animals up that last 10-20% that i just can't devote several hours a day to

Reefer-tron
I know man check it out now....

loadedtank.jpg

Isn't that disgusting looking ? ( and thats 3 months or so AFTER a major crash that turned all my sps bone white)

The pic you posted is about 1 month old. ( I got that Korilla 3 in the left of the pic about 1 month ago then snapped that pic off after placing it in the tank)

I have bought ZERO new coral since then for this tank.

Notice the space is all taken up now from new growth frags.

Yeah I am king noob.

Very nice tank Prop ;)

The Propagator

Thanks!

I REALLY should have cleaned all the algae and salt splatter off the glass before I took that photo :lol:

Yardboy,

My problem is I am at the point now where I need to set up a continuous drip of each I think.

OR maybe a calcium reactor. There are just to many Acros and other sps and lps in there to keep up with

dosing anymore.

The growth I am getting is phenomenal in almost all of my acroporas. ( I use tap water to filefish :P seriously ) Its so much that the alk and calcium are dropping pretty hefty in a 48 hour period. Like 40ppm calcium and over 2.5 dkh alkalinity.

I have kept acros and sps in general for a log large time but not in these numbers.

There is well over 100 acropora frags and colonies in there not counting the other sps and lps.

Time to upgrade the old tank I think !!

:haha:

I'll tell you some one who can vouch for the growth and number because they have seen them in person is Gary ( theaquaden) we pretty much keep identical species because we trade frags like every other week. (seems like it some times LOL! He cant get some of the colors I get or growth. But on the same token I can get what he gets out of certain things either.

filefish949

Liter meter or CaCO3 reactor is gong to run big bucks. An aquamedic duel dosing pump and bulk reef supply 2-part would be another option, with a years worth of part 1, 2, MG and duel pump it would run about $350 shipped. any which way you slice it, by the time an automated calcium and alk dosing system id turn-key you are going to be spending some money.. Are you using 100% kalk for your makeup water already, it is amazing how many systems will be sustained (without big clams) with just kalkwasser dosing, given the magnesium is kept in check. And kalkwasser is automatically balances alk and ca tot the consumption of about 99% of marine inverts

The Propagator

I tried Kalkwasser about 4-5 years ago ( before I converted the 100 to a reef). Didn't really need it then like I do now. Maybe I'll give it a try again?

I can make my own calcium reactor out of acrylic tube ( I can get all kinds of it locally form an LFS that specializes in acrylic tanks and stands) so all I will have to buy is the CO2 canister, bubble counter and gauges.

Archived