Yes we do need to stick together..we are very far and in between :P

Thanks that brain was one of my first corals..I lub it

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Enough said ...

Wow ... this tank is gorgeous!!! Holy smokes, just like your 40L ... The colors are amazing!!! :D I LOVE IT!!!

-David

• 4 weeks later...

filter floss and chemi pure elite :) altho the AC110 was moved to my 40 and I have a DFS HOB with surface skimmer on it now, works great! have one on my 10g too

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

not much to update...the tank has alot more rock now from my 40 long that I took down

The tank is still going but I let my bro have it because it was too much work having 3 salty tanks and not to mention $$$ so it's still in my house waiting to be broken down and set back up at my bros place...he is taking errythang all equipment, fish most corals...aren't I a nice sister? just gotta find time to do it.

The hippo and yellow tang get along great! I introduced the hippo first. All the fish get along great haha I actually introduced my bi color angel when I transferred stuff to my 46 bow and no problems, I was a bit worried at first because I have a large sixline in there

I will be taking Pookie my Yellow watchman and YCG when we tear down the tank tho :P

• 3 weeks later...

At one time I had 2x 900 maxi jet mods in here then I took one out and just use 1x 1200 maxijet mod and the HOB filter and the Remora skimmer...they are great mods with lots of flow for the money :D

new pix...decided to keep the tank as the bro will start out small lol there is not much in here but fish and a few softies...I really need to pay more attention to it and re do the aquascape -_-

P1010009-25.jpg

Pookie is 2.5 years old

P1010027-10.jpg

FTS

P1010012-16.jpg

P1010036-6.jpg

Yes it seemed to work...my tangs ate all the Chaeto like spaghetti tho :lol:

It used the light from the tank...I want to Mod a AC110 that I have into a fuge...one of these days

The bi-color is great! never touched any of my corals even when I had it in my 40..it eats flake, spirulina brine, mysis, cyclopeeze and every other day I feed some green or red algae on a clip :D

Thanks! It has been running for a year :) the longest time I have had a reef set up without switching tank sizes haha

I did a major re-scape of the tank and it sure was cloudy and yucky :mellow:

I got stung by a bristle worm and had to pull the bristles out with tweezers...fun times lol

I did a big island on one side and a small patch with the RBTA on it on the other side,The Maroon clown is a beeatch...trying to keep her from biting me was a chore in itself. I scraped the coraline off the back wall in hopes that it will spread more on the new rock I put in there...I need some more softies in this tank and am going to order some gargonians fron Sea Life Inc. soon

Thanks for looking!

M

I need some more softies in this tank and am going to order some gargonians fron Sea Life Inc. soon

They have great stuff. Two of the gorgonians that are in my tank are from them. I ordered the nano-size to let them grow out. The purplue plume looks fantastic when the polyps are out ... long streaming ones. For some reason my hermits like to climb on it and hang on the outer branches.

Can't wait to see the new pictures of the arrangement. Sounds a lot like what I did with my 75g <_<:lol:

Thanks Seahorsejl!

Ok since I decided to keep er' up and running I rescaped and scraped most of the coraline off the back glass for a fresh start

I have many cuts and battle wounds from this endevour...

here are the pix...it looks so empty...I need corals people! omgomgomg

left side

P1010009-26.jpg

right side

P1010005-35.jpg

P1010014-24.jpg

FTS

P1010003-34.jpg

and a shot from my couch :P

P1010001-41.jpg

Pix are with actinics only...will take more when the other lights come on

Thanks for looking! ;)

I like it! It is different enough from mine, so you can keep it ;)

I really do like the "shelfy" look to the left island. But, it is hard to tell from the pics, is the left side of the left island touching the left side of the glass?

nah it has enough room to fit my mag float :D

I think it's the reflection...now that glass is so fresh and so clean clean :P

My Hippo tang likes his reflection on that side haha

Forgot to mention how hard it is to get a natural look with that slab rock :angry:

I think it looks natural. Around here, the limestone kind of plates like that on the side of hills.

My scopas tang hates when the glass is clean. He thinks it is a rival tang and chases it back and forth. I caught my sixline doing the same thing with a reflective stick that was on a powerhead in the tank.

Yes it seemed to work...my tangs ate all the Chaeto like spaghetti tho :lol:

It used the light from the tank...I want to Mod a AC110 that I have into a fuge...one of these days

maybe thats what happend to mine,

i put a bunch in mine, and its all gone. i thought it blew out. but i think they ate it!

tangs love Chaeto <_<

and Culerpa prolifera...so does my bi-color...he ate it all outta my 40 long when it was up lol

Archived