inTank Media Baskets

Vortech Review

SeeDemTails

here's mine running width wise on my tank. I basically only have 20" to work with the pulse mode, and it's creating a little bit of a wave =)

it's not overpriced. SCNRS gb duh

Adin, you know ANY GB on SCNRS is worth the time to participate in no matter the price, so that doesn't count! :P

here's mine running width wise on my tank. I basically only have 20" to work with the pulse mode, and it's creating a little bit of a wave =)

That looks really cool kinetic. Thats an awesome tank btw

I actually seen a youtube vid of a kid running a vortech on what looked like a aquapod or biocube.

I run vortech + a 6025 on a jbj cube.

vortech is on fairly low setting, unless I kick it up to stir detritus...

filefish949
thats insane...i plan to order one for my next tank.

that looked like a 25 gallon tank,

cool pump but for the time being I will hang on to my 6100s and aquasurf, vortech can't be controlled by an aquasurf unless modified and warrentee is voided

to people find wavemakers giving sufficient flow with the back and forth motion or is it still supplemented with powerheads for more turbulent random flow

SeeDemTails

The person who has the one I saw in their tank took out all the other powerheads.

I'm not sure how I would do it though.

If your powerheads supplying the wave is enough turnover, then it's fine.

So let's say you're target flow is 1500gph in your tank total. If you have a Vortech pushing 3,000gph and it's also your wavemaker, you don't need anymore powerheads =)

But if you're pushing for something like 12,000gph and you only have one 3,000gph vortech, you'll need a few more ;)

So just think of it as a powerhead that makes waves =)

You may be thinking about the tunze wavebox in large tanks, where it's definitely not enough flow to keep SPS in those large tanks, thus they have multiple powerheads, whereas if you get a vortech or tunze that just turns on and off and is still super powerful, you're good to go.

i don't need vortechs to make sounds like that. :naughtydance:

eric's hand suffices.

"I do it so good, I don't need nobody else. What's happening, what's up"

Archived