Innovative Marine Aquariums

spider webs on coral

ELGORDOINAVW

Actually...the quotes were from a book published in 2001..the Davies CITE (do we know what citation is or are we still in the second grade?) was one that Eric Borneman made. (Do you know who Eric Borneman is and what Aquarium Corals IS??...its probably THE definative book on the captive care of corals). This is becoming a waste of my ****ing time....seriously....people will listen and believe what they want to believe...and when they listen to you and fail..they may come back and realize that I'm offering up some time-tested information by aquarists infinately more experienced than you or I or anyone else on this board. As far as your attitude towards my supposed "cut and paste"-ing...its called BACKING UP YOUR INFORMATION WITH CREDIBLE SOURCES...and is a necessary and long-standing tradition within all academic circles..and a necessary part of PROVING what you're saying. You just come on here and blah blah blah without giving me a single credible source to prove what you're saying...I come on here and offer quotes from men and women who have been in this "game" for more years than everyone else on this board combined..along with some of my own insights on species with which I have more than 3 seconds of experience.

Man, it's hard to read through all your insults. SaltyDawg, you haven't changed much, have you?

I can verify what Deimos said about Eric Borneman's book. I too have read in several places where 84 degrees is not too far-fetched. A sudden rise to 84 degrees would be very bad, but not if it is a stable 84 degrees.

think "spaghetti worm". I have a few in my tank. the 'tentacles' will retract into the worm's burrow when it comes into contact with food items - otherwise it's something else. All the ones I've ever seen adhere to the rock/sediment surface. For one to drape over your star polyps sounds unusual though.

take a look:

http://www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/19...e/wb/photo4.asp

Without a picture of the offending subject matter the board can't be sure and will continue to hijack this thread with their mucus debate :)

Archived