inTank Media Baskets

danskim's 300g rimless starphire

danskim

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New fts from last night with the black background put on.

262515634_Q6bhs-L.jpg

ORA Nathan's green millepora

262175997_wUpsw-M.jpg

Ocellaris clowns

262169337_hoZ8m-M.jpg

New fts from last night with the black background put on.

262515634_Q6bhs-L.jpg

ORA Nathan's green millepora

262175997_wUpsw-M.jpg

Ocellaris clowns

262169337_hoZ8m-M.jpg

:mellow::o wow.....jus wow.....

Indeed, they are bright.

FTS with all lights on:

I just noticed that the left side is less blue than the right side because I must have switched out an Aquablue for 6500k... so the left has 2x6500K and the right side has one more Aquablue. Haha...

I have Deuteranopia by the way... which is probably the reason for the slip-up.

262846478_BVUqW-XL.jpg

I'm going to place an order for 2 more Blue Plus and 2 more Aquablue to try a different combination. I plan on getting rid of the AquaSun and Actinic. Not sure if this is a good idea, but if I don't like it or the corals don't grow well, they can just be backups.

Bulbs (supposed to be) in each fixture:

3 - ATI Blue plus

2 - ATI AquaBlue 12000K Special

1 - UVL AquaSun

1 - Sfiligoi Super Actinic 03

1 - GE 6500K

Absolutely stunning. I agree that I think that the open feel (less rock) is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than a full box of rocks. I can only imagine what this tank looks like in action with all of the schooling chromis. I could sit in front of this tank for hours.

makes me wanan ditch my MH and get t5's lol

I think it could be a good idea.

In a 20L, staggered T5s would probably be more efficient than any single MH while providing a little more customization for lighting spectrum and dawk/dusk.

Absolutely stunning. I agree that I think that the open feel (less rock) is a lot more aesthetically pleasing than a full box of rocks. I can only imagine what this tank looks like in action with all of the schooling chromis. I could sit in front of this tank for hours.

The chromis are definitely fun to watch. As are the two groups of anthias.

I don't know if I already mentioned it, but I kind of wish I had gotten more chromis.

I think it could be a good idea.

In a 20L, staggered T5s would probably be more efficient than any single MH while providing a little more customization for lighting spectrum and dawk/dusk.

awwww...hmmmm

should i should i??? ahhhh

i should eenie meeny miny moe it :happy:

Tank looks awesome. I added 4 cardinals to a group of 5 and they didn't even seem to notice. I'm not sure if chromis have the same disposition. You could always add a school of glass cardinals and have a few different schools going.

When i get a home....Im trying to go for that look, open Aquascape....and Long....GREAT LOOKING TANK....GO MARYLAND !

I love the openness of your tank- gives it a more natural feel to the aquascaping. Do you think you could put in some detail shots of your tank? Left side, middle, right, etc.?

Indeed, they are bright.

FTS with all lights on:

I just noticed that the left side is less blue than the right side because I must have switched out an Aquablue for 6500k... so the left has 2x6500K and the right side has one more Aquablue. Haha...

I have Deuteranopia by the way... which is probably the reason for the slip-up.

262846478_BVUqW-XL.jpg

I'm going to place an order for 2 more Blue Plus and 2 more Aquablue to try a different combination. I plan on getting rid of the AquaSun and Actinic. Not sure if this is a good idea, but if I don't like it or the corals don't grow well, they can just be backups.

Bulbs (supposed to be) in each fixture:

3 - ATI Blue plus

2 - ATI AquaBlue 12000K Special

1 - UVL AquaSun

1 - Sfiligoi Super Actinic 03

1 - GE 6500K

Chalk up another awesome tank to T5s!

Since the display is light on LR, I'm assuming that a bulk of the LR is located remotely to handle the fish bioload. I'm surprised that no one has asked this before, but can you break down how many pounds of LR you have in this system? (sitting in display, fuge, ect?)

Beautiful tank! Can't wait to see the corals grow in!

:)

Amazing tank, the simple and sleek design looks great!

I see you live in ellicott city, I live nearby in Columbia and I am trying to find a good reliable LFS. Do you buy your fish and coral in the local area, or do you order online?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

love your tank! Just replaced my halides from my 90 with t-5's and will never go back.

Archived