Innovative Marine Aquariums

15 gallon mini reef

CalciumOverdose

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bad Aquarium Concepts. Sup Jim.I know you already know TP but I also have a friend in SF that has some nice frags, like milleporas, slimer, different caps, etc for a great price.

Nice blasto, where'd you pick that guy up? I haven't seen any real nice ones around the bay. Also cool commensal crab and variety of sps, I wish my eight line didnt eat the crabs I have. :(

i had blasto once...aquarium concepts get them once in a while...of course i delt with the shopments when i was working there so i knda got to cherry pick...

CalciumOverdose

blasto, i picked up at tropical paradise in san leandro.

and most of the sps too.

but some are from

aquarium concepts

atlantis aquarium

and specially frags.org

CalciumOverdose

calv, like what you have asked, i fraged up the bottle brush.

massive RTN problem, i tried to save a few (very, very few) and was successful.

when i moved the rock, it accidentally fell into the rose anemone.. :(

so you still intrested in frags.. (its neon green)

really nice tank seems we have a few people from the bay area on this thread. Just to give you a hedas up I am looking for some Zooanthids locally in the east bay so send me a PM if you got any. Does anyone feel like heading out to either The Aquarium or AC this weekend? I would really like to go to The aquarium cause you can pick up small frag of softies for 5 bux each. Great tank btw

CalciumOverdose

no, my zooanthus are not for sale or trade yet.. sorry

but here's a problem that i currently have for my zooanthus.. :(

damn sponge's keeps growing everywhere.. and taking over my zooanthus..

Blow that spongy stuff away with a turkey baster as it is kinda like a fungus and as you've noticed is killing the zoos. Try to keep it in high flow and hope for the best. Also sorry to hear about the bottlebrush, its a nice piece. greenstar i might be at AC this weekend, lmk if you want to meet up and we can but corals and split them or something.

CalciumOverdose

yeah, i wish they come out easily, unfortunately, they encrust,.. peeling them off by hand is even hard..

my trick is, to take the zooanthus out of the water..that should give the sponge some air, and give him time to think about his life..

BTW, here's another picture (side shot)

Archived