Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 20gal: A photo journal

mmelnick

1-8.jpg

Here's a shot of my sump. Normally I have a DSB in the middle chamber, but I am in the process of moving and don't have the sand or nearly as much rock in there right now.

The best way to soo the ABS pipe in the display for the overflow is to look at the first page of this thread. You can see it a lot better before the coral grew in. You can hardly even see it now.

But here is a shot from the top. (just ignore all the algae on it right now)

2-6.jpg

And I can't get a shot of the actual bulkhead because it's at the bottom of the overflow. But you can imagine it down there right? ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the pictures. So did you drill the bottom or the back of the tank?

I drilled the back of the tank as close to the bottom as possible. That way if the water backed up there would be more height to work with. The further down the hole is the more flow it can handle. Check out this link and play with the first calculator on that page.

http://www.grow.arizona.edu/Grow--GrowReso...?ResourceId=188

Basically the further down you put the drain the better off you'll be.

tank is rad.

Thanks. It'll only be up and running for another couple months. I'm moving it into a 54 gal corner tank. But I'm still saving up for somemore equipment.

It should be pretty sweet.

• 3 weeks later...
looks great man. How big is your sump?

It's just a standard 10 gal AGA with some acrylic baffles in it. It cost me about $2.50 for the baffles and I got the tank for free.

Just a quick photo update. I moved the tank about 2 weeks ago and put a 4 bulb fish need it T5 fixture over the tank. The difference is night and day!

Here's the view from my Lazyboy chair.

DSC_0080.jpg

And the FTS

DSC_0081.jpg

The algae is getting better, but it was pretty bad before I moved the tank.

Archived