inTank Media Baskets

another diy acrylic tank

disaster999

jedihunter2983
Thanks, I do have a removable media rack on one side, but i didnt really think it though to make it more accessible. Still thinking of ways to make my design work.

you should check out stevie t red sea max thread in the members aquariums forum he has a great thread with a index that will lead you to his mediarack it is awsome. he is even mass producing them for sale.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
disaster999

ive seen his media rack, that wouldnt work for me. i have a drain coming down directly ontop of the intended filter media area. inorder to access that area, i have to remove the drain pipe. it SHOULDNT be a problem removing the pipe, but i could of done better

• 3 weeks later...
disaster999

i dont think i ever posted a picture of the stand completely finished...well after i graduated, i finished the doors, oiled and varnished it and shipped it back to hong kong. after much though on where to put it around the house.....the wood trim everywhere was dark walnut color, and my tank is mostly maple -_-...finally found a good spot outside my parents room.

heres a picture of the final product...

DSC_0056.jpg

over the next few weeks ill be upgrading the plumbing and start stocking it up.

Not for what he did. HD only sells extruded scrylic, and generally not in the thicknesses you would need for a tank or sump.

Not for what he did. HD only sells extruded scrylic, and generally not in the thicknesses you would need for a tank or sump.

I am wanting to build an HOB fuge. Any advice on a good place to buy acrylic?

disaster999
Can you get acrylic at HD?

yes you can but i wouldnt use it for a tank, a sump maybe

well depending how big of a sump your building, my sump was built using home depot acrylic. holding up fine! its not as good (quality wise and clear wise) as the cast but hey, its only a sump.

disaster999

i got mine on ebay, tap plas tic is a well known place online and locally (if they have a location near you) they will cut the acrylic for you for free.

lol dirty acrylic =p

i love how your tank turned out. too bad all mine suxs...

i havent had a chance to really clean it after i had it shipped back home. besides, i need to drill the holes bigger for bigger bulkheads.

i always get mine at Tap plastic but i guess Homedepot would be good enough for a HOB fuge as long as its small.

disaster999

2721984091_66a7a2ace0.jpg

just plain tap water and pump, nothing else. its 11pm right now and the tank is at 86F already.

(not sure how accurate that oven temp is, but enough to tell me i need a chiller)

bro, you are freaking insane,, definately should get into the aquarium making business.

wow love the tank! stand is something straight out of a furniture store, and that sump/refugium is freaking awesome. just let me know when you want to build one for the noob charity. noob being me of course.

disaster999

thanks for the kind words...i dont think i could get into that business yet. still need lots of practice and my own workshop to start cranking out tanks.

maybe when im older and have my own place and extra time on my hands...man thats so far away

Archived