ReefCleaners.org

40g custom 1/2" rimless acrylic cube

cbort

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

found one of the reasons prices were so cheap! 80.00 for shipping. But got her talked down to 50.00.

Should have light next week sometime.

no its still a great price. Just turned a steal into just a good deal! ha ha 90.00 is still a good deal for 2 lights!! Especially an all in one unit.

ok...getting excited...tomorrow i will be trading my RBTA and pair of Maroons for a helfrichi firefish and some red blastos and some GSP and a few other misc corals, and a couple filter socks and a couple pacific flow accelarators. I think i did alright!

My new cube will be called dart fish island!! Plans to stock it with all kinds of dartfish. But first will have to rig up a screen for the top of the tank....we don't want any expensive jumpers!!

:unsure: Sorry I didn't see this thread before now, but I suggest you drain it and get some bracing on that tank... It's already bowing and it will just get worse over time. :( Not sure who built the tank, I hope it's not Scott with Aquatic Systems Design as I've worked with him before and this doesn't sound like him... It's grossly under built. He wanted $600 for that? I could have built it for less than half that and still made money.

I wish you luck, but acrylic isn't meant to be used as a braceless tank unless they are tiny, or are made from a lot thicker material than 1/2". Yes, I've built plenty of acrylic tanks and have experimented with rimless ones. Even had a 14x14x10 built out of 1/2" cell cast start to bow after a year.

yes this tank is built by scott at ASD. He actually built it for a LFS in KC but i bought it not long after it was built. Tank has been up and running countinously for about 2 years. It bows just a bit on the sides but is hardly noticable, because of the false wall actually helps act as a small brace. The tank is actually down right now and sitting empty, but i will be taking my chances. If i see it begin to bow any more than it is i will take it down and maybe order a glass tank in a bit larger of a size. Thanks tho.

Helfrichi's first day in the large cube!! He was released into the tank via net....he swam out slowly, hung out above rock work....i fed the fish right away and he began eating right away and then continued to swim around....found a rock with a small amount of room to squeeze under and seemed to just stay out in the open.

This weekend, i will take down the large cube and this tank will be set back up.

Archived