Innovative Marine Aquariums

40g custom 1/2" rimless acrylic cube

cbort

Okay are these better? I already had a photobucket account, but didn't realize you could use it here.

Picture021-2.jpg

Picture020-2.jpg

Picture017-1.jpg

Picture015-1.jpg

Picture016-2.jpg

Picture011-2.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my pump- QuietOne 6000. Not as much flow as i would like. Probably going to use this as a CL and ad a mag 9 for the return eventually.

Picture031.jpg

Before picture size reference.

Picture027.jpg

My Reefstar II by Hamilton. 400W HQI w/ 20k bulbs. Only going with one set up on this tank. The light seems to spill out all over! They say most halides are good for 24x24" but these reflectors are more like 36x36! They are insane!

Picture029.jpg

Lookin good Curt! got my in-wall tank going last night. I Picked up another 55 last week. Think I might sell the Hex. When do you want the skimmer?

• 2 weeks later...
Lookin good Curt! got my in-wall tank going last night. I Picked up another 55 last week. Think I might sell the Hex. When do you want the skimmer?

sweet! Picked up another fish! Will get some pics up soon!

Might want to take the metal hose clamp off that return pump. instead use a plastic hose clamp

Ya i hard plumbed this tank

• 3 weeks later...

more pics

First the livestock

pics008.jpg

pics019.jpg

pics020.jpg

pics002.jpg

FTS

pics001-1.jpg

Next some pics of the new skimmer i picked up from BBain at the sum total of a whole $20.00!! He gave me a good deal! Its a AquaC EV120 and its has been doing the job!

pics004.jpg

pics002-1.jpg

And a few corals

pics024.jpg

pics011.jpg

Here are some pics of a DIY CL not the prettiest but it will do until i have couple days off to do it the way i want.

pics005.jpg

pics010.jpg

pics009.jpg

pics008-1.jpg

pics006-1.jpg

New and Updated Pictures!

Just got this from BBain nice R/O unit

pics013.jpg

Here is a pic of my newly adopted skunk cleaner shrimp. This is just one of the two.

pics006-2.jpg

pics003.jpg

And here is my awesome little orange spot goby!

pics007.jpg

And finally a pic of my two new coral additions. first is my eagle eyes zoos day two in the tank and just beginning to start to open up and get used to the 400W HQIs they were under 250w HQIs.

pics018.jpg

And here are i think Green bay Packer zoos. Not sure. They are 2 different color of greens the skirts look just like the eagle eyes and the centers are more of a darker mint color. Very very cool!

pics026.jpg

Hope everyone likes the pics. Not the best camera

Here are some new full tank shots. I have switched from my 14k bulb to my 20k bulb, and am in love with the new colors! Prolly won't switch back anytime soon! Enjoy!

FTS

pics015.jpg

pics016.jpg

pics017.jpg

pics028.jpg

pics022.jpg

pics021-1.jpg

pics029.jpg

pics032.jpg

How the tank works.................Scott and pat designed it.:up Awesome job guys! Love the water fall effect the smooth coast-to-coast overflow gives!

ya i don't have an extra grand to spend on lighting. I bought 2 reefstar 400W HQI pendants and ballasts and 3 bulbs for 250.00 so i am ok with some light spillage !

New update. Midnight angel doesn't nip soft corals but looovvveeesss polyps espeically bright colored zoos! Anyhow the zoos now have new home up in a make shift eggcrate home i made for them suspended by a mag. cleaner. zoos have acclimated well and are now coming out despite being nipped at. I think i caught it just as he began to try them.

pics046.jpg

pics045.jpg

and in this last pic you can see a green/purple ric foot. He was halfway attached to a rock and this shell that all my crabs wanted, so i cut it the rest of the way off and will hopefully have another ric to trade with someone. Very beautiful colors purple base with green tips and mouth.

pics044.jpg

since my midnight angel loves zoos here is where my zoos will grow out untill i either move the angel or begin a the new tank in may which ever comes first!

pics048.jpg

pics045.jpg

I cut eggcrate for the four sides, i then zip tied them together. Then i had an extra magnet cleaner and used it to anchor the frag box to the side of the tank. No more nipping problem and the zoos even love the light at that height.

PICT0023.jpg

PICT0024.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

PICT0027.jpg

• 4 months later...

Great News everyone!!!!

I sold this cube to a friend awhile back and i now have the chance to get it back!!!! I regretably sold it and have missed it almost everyday since! Here are some pics right before i set up my 80g cube. I know that butterfly shouldn't be in there but it was chillin for a few days before i set up my 80g cube, so he wasn't in there long. But he was happy!

pics093.jpg

pics094.jpg

pics095.jpg

pics096.jpg

pics097.jpg

Also i have a quick question....

anyone know anything about these ballasts? Can they power a HQI bulb? only info i have on them is they are for 70w bulbs and they are branded Ultra Marine

70ballast.jpg

Here is the new light i just picked up off of ebay....found it 2 hours after she posted it. Talked to the seller just 30 min after i won the bid. She said she bought it for about 250.00 6 months ago. She said all bulbs work fine. For only 30.00 plus shipping. Its a 250W HQI setup with 2 50/50 PCs and 4 LEDs Not a bad deal. It will be what i put over this cube.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170254718836

Looks like an Odyssea. They are a great price new, and you got it for a steal.

One thing to note, the ballasts underdrive the bulbs. It's fairly common for people using this fixture to swap the ballasts with Icecaps. My buddy just did this and there was a noticable difference. I'm not saying that you have to do this, or that the fixture sucks. More saying that there are options to make it better.

ok sounds good! I was even looking at getting another one of these and upgradeing to bluewave dual 250 HQI ballast and selling the two ballasts that come with them. Thanks for looking

Archived