inTank Media Baskets

Nemo's tank

FishNemo1

My question is.... idiotic history aside... if you got a new tank, and you knew the old one was too small, why would you get the same size? It's one thing to make the mistake once, but to intentionally make it again... is just plain retarded.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh-Oh. You have to tread lightly in this thread - watch out for the ban hammer :o

But now in all seriousness: Is Nemo's tank a typical Chinese fish tank, or is he pushing things?

I've seen pictures of crowded tanks being posted here, but they were WAY larger...

Regards Hans

I made salt by myself because the quality of salt in China do not satisfy me.

The cost of making salt by yourself is high. You must buy many kinds of Chemicals in chemistry store.

Raising easy fish and easy corals with famous brand salt is a good choice for house tank. Easy fish and corals will live in your tank sevral years.

Can we have a look at the list of ingredients please? I'm very interested. Thanks...

My question is.... idiotic history aside... if you got a new tank, and you knew the old one was too small, why would you get the same size? It's one thing to make the mistake once, but to intentionally make it again... is just plain retarded.

GFY

Can't say I agree with the method (but I'm a n00b, so who cares) but the coloration on the clam and the fish is better than I have seen in almost ANY aquarium. Can't argue with that.:)

Those recipes are quite interesting, thanks :)

I guess you can drop some ingredients, though, because you don't want to add that stuff to your tank.

Namely the following:

Na2SiO3, Na2Si4O9 - Silicates

H3PO4 - Phosphoric acid

Al2Cl6 - Aluminum

NH3 - Ammonia (???)

LiNO3 - LiCl would be a better choice IMO

The same goes for other heavy metals like copper, zinc, etc. I guess...

Regards Hans

adequate warning has been given.

summary for people who don't know:

FishNemo is from China. If you want to disagree with his methods, fine. However, the last thread he linked was closed and heavily patrolled because of nasty racist statements and name-calling. The fact that he is Chinese and his english wasn't perfect was as much the source of negativity as his husbandry. Importantly, I think the guy should be allowed to have a thread.

Any additional widdle baby tantrums, venting, name-calling, foot-stomping insults will be met with immediate (lol, actually when i get around to it) pwnage and ridicule. i may even edit your posts to make you look like a bigger jerk than you may have already proved just... because.

GOOD DAY SIR.

posting ability suspended indefinitely.

:scarry:

Nemo, Hows the new tank going? Do you use all the ingredients listed in the salt you make yourself ? The tank looks great. Do you live close to the sea where you can get the water for free? That would seem to be alot easier.

But now in all seriousness: Is Nemo's tank a typical Chinese fish tank, or is he pushing things?

I've seen pictures of crowded tanks being posted here, but they were WAY larger...

I would love to know this as well. When I saw the tank at first back in the original thread I figured it was doomed to failure, but Nemo proved me wrong, since everything seems to be healthy. If this is representative of the typical chinese tank maybe we can learn something to apply to our somewhat different style of reefing. Keep posting Nemo, I have found this very interesting!

I completely agree with Mr A. Husbandry techniques are different in all parts of the world. Just because you don"t agree with a person you don"t have a right to act racist towards a person. Nemo has a right to post about his tank and to keep his fish however he wants.

So leave him be and let him do whatever he wants with his property.

I have to tell you, i have been around a bit, some of you have been keeping reefs since before Clinton (bill) was in office may remember that we all used wet dry filters on our reef tanks. then those crazy Germans started some stupid new idea. today we most all keep our tanks in what was once referred to as the "experimental" Berlin system

Chinese Fish Store.....It is hard to tell what kind of fish they are, but with all the flaming on this thread I thought it would be worth posting. Also I saw other photos and it would appear that the fish were dyed....I'll try to find the pic.

1295855254_f597b2f9a5.jpg

1294987557_1acd05ec08.jpg

Here is a youtube link to a short video of a fish shop in china.

just watched that vid clip and to be honest the fish are healthy vibrant and active, the tanks are totally spotless and well kept! sure theres allot of overcrowding but then shops like those have a high turnover rate and sell allot of fish therefore the fish arent in those tanks for long before they are sold. If i took a film of some of the LFS shops in the UK you would be disgusted at how overcrowded and dirty some of the tanks are with sick and dying fish! so your point of letting us see this chinese LFS was what exactly? im presuming it was how full the tanks were of very healthy vibrant happy fish.

Its great to see your tank again Fishnemo and i think you are doing a fantastic job, the very fact you take the trouble to mix your own salt! says it all! & i still loves that Clam :)

just watched that vid clip and to be honest the fish are healthy vibrant and active, the tanks are totally spotless and well kept! sure theres allot of overcrowding but then shops like those have a high turnover rate and sell allot of fish therefore the fish arent in those tanks for long before they are sold. If i took a film of some of the LFS shops in the UK you would be disgusted at how overcrowded and dirty some of the tanks are with sick and dying fish! so your point of letting us see this chinese LFS was what exactly? im presuming it was how full the tanks were of very healthy vibrant happy fish.

Its great to see your tank again Fishnemo and i think you are doing a fantastic job, the very fact you take the trouble to mix your own salt! says it all! & i still loves that Clam :)

The point was...most people that post on this site, have high end LFS that actually are knowlegdeable and do not present or recommend a practice that one should do in there home. I have three really nice LFS right in my area and I live in a small city. Yeah those tanks were clean but those fish are huge and its not like there was one or two huge fish....there was tanks of huge fish. I just posted it so perhaps people would see the different perspective that nemo has on the fish-reef keeping world.

FIshNemo, could you post the equipment that you are using in your tank? Like the lighting, filtration methods and such. Most of the threads in the members area have a list at the beginning of the thread that summarize the equipment used in the tank.

I'm just curious to see what you have. I know you probably posted in the other thread about this but I don't feel like reading through 39 pages of flaming and bs to find it.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't gone to this thread sevral weeks.

Now most fish have lived in tank about half an year. The clam and mushrooms have lived 5 months. The powder brown tang has lived 10 weeks. When something new is added in the tank ,I 'll update this thread.

I

• 1 month later...
ryanlogic

i say...i dunno. i don't have enough experience in reef-keeping to say anything pertaining to your tank itself.

but i will say that after reading your previous thread, and seeing how all of the people here have treated you i am ashamed. i cant believe how so many people have blatantly disrespected you over a couple of fish. i am sorry.

its sad that people can care so much about a couple of fish and care so little about the feelings of a person.

and i dont see any of them writing anything in chinese, or saying anything in chinese. its quite remarkable that you are able to understand english so well for someone that lives in China.

i learn something new every day, and today i learned who the biggest jerks on N-R are.

have a good one and keep learning

Archived