inTank Media Baskets

new halide setup

kennerd

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here's some funs pics:

My 2 new clams from justphish: a pair of croceas, look totally different through the glass opposed to through the top of the open tank

crocea 1 through glass

crocea1 through open top (keep in mind, these were taken day 2 after they arrived: they look a lot better & mantles are much wider now

crocea2 through open top

I just realized how dull these shots look compared to how they look this week. I'm going to snap some more pics tonight

and, of course, the thing that I'll be getting roasted or toasted for: rose BTA. It's got a much more green overtone in these pics for some reason, but it's an orangey-tan & eating well. All the way in the back corner away from the halide. Figures....

That didn't take long!

Species tank: only the BTA and a pair of clams in there with some zoos. That's it. It's hopped twice in the three weeks I've had it, and is now settled in the back corner of the tank. BTA's, especially rose BTA's do NOT like light on their foot, which is why you need rockwork with nice deep crevices.

I've thought the tank through just for the BTA and clams, before the flaming begins!

Specerx: I have a cinnamon in the tank, who is finally exploring a bit more after some salinity and top off issues (family illness last week: let things go, and haven't automated top off yet). Clown hosting in everything else I've ever thrown in the tank so far!

Caj: BTa is only 2" max: recent clone.

• 2 months later...

OK, Clam update:

lost one crocea that didn't look great upon arrival, and never attached. Was actually shipped attached to a piece of rock, and was detatched upon arrival. My guess the byssal was damaged & he never recovered. C'est la Vie.

OK, here are two new deresas. had to grab both of them since they had such different markings. Both about 3" and doing great.

Note: the pics were taken from above and the bulb is a 10 month old 10k, really on its way out, but my other bulb failed.

No, it's actually an Ecosystem 40 Hang One unit. That's the main reason I went with it: nice and clean inside the tank and no powerheads/heaters showing. Has a nice U-tube siphon overflow and the return pump is inside the fuge. Only thing I really don't like about it is the water level: not as much volume in there as I had originally expected.

Thanks, BTW

Well kennerd, you are prolly going to need to swap out that ballast now that you found out it is a crappy magnetic (not even HQI rated I bet, or pulse start, prolly a cheap probe start if it cant fire a higher bulb than a 10,000K). Tell you what, you can just box up the whole thing and ship it to me and I will deal with it...

I gotta say, that fixture has just perfect light dispersion for your tank, I want one!!!

Yeah, I saw the Won setup. Mine has not labels, etc. on it, but looks near identical. The WOn setup only comes with hanging wires, though. No legs,.

Archived