Cultivated Reef

dshnarw COLDWATER

dshnarw

Haha, that's funny, because I have a ton of granite river rock here that's not being used for anything. :lol:

Oooh, with a forty gal you can have full sized metridiums! You should get a sea pen, too. They're awesome. You will need an eight inch sand bed though. Lumpsucker would be really awesome, but I doubt you could ever get one. But hey, if I see one I'll catch it for you. :) I'll be getting a pair of catalina's myself.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha, that's funny, because I have a ton of granite river rock here that's not being used for anything. :lol:

Oooh, with a forty gal you can have full sized metridiums! You should get a sea pen, too. They're awesome. You will need an eight inch sand bed though. Lumpsucker would be really awesome, but I doubt you could ever get one. But hey, if I see one I'll catch it for you. :) I'll be getting a pair of catalina's myself.

sigh...i'm already using all the egg-shaped rocks I collected in Maine for the 10g. kinda sad about that too, considering that some of my best examples of crazy magma chamber processes are getting covered by some kind of algae. my 40g is gonna be so bare :(

I was lookin on foreshores, and they have 3 different color morphs of metridium...would be cool to have all of them :) Sea pen would be cool, but that sandbed would be annoying - thats half the depth of the tank. Wonder if I could build up a corner with some rocks for a barrier... Think it'd stay there?

OMG if you catch one you gotta send it!! :D

sigh...i'm already using all the egg-shaped rocks I collected in Maine for the 10g. kinda sad about that too, considering that some of my best examples of crazy magma chamber processes are getting covered by some kind of algae. my 40g is gonna be so bare :(

I was lookin on foreshores, and they have 3 different color morphs of metridium...would be cool to have all of them :) Sea pen would be cool, but that sandbed would be annoying - thats half the depth of the tank. Wonder if I could build up a corner with some rocks for a barrier... Think it'd stay there?

OMG if you catch one you gotta send it!! :D

Yeah, I've seen both white and brown M. farcimen on docks in Puget sound. Never a pink one though.

I doubt I'll ever see a lumpsucker, I have seen snailfish though, which are similar, but not as cool, but if I see one I'll get it for you. I'm planning to go night tidepooling (the only kind of tidepooling you can do here in the winter, all the low tides are at night) sometime within the next month or two, and hopefully I'll be able to get some of those awesome crangon shrimp I used to have (they only come out at night). I think that was before I had a thread, but they were really cool. Looked more like some sort of miniature military vehicle than a shrimp. I'll see if I can find a pic.

okay, this is basically what they looked like :

http://www.wallawalla.edu/academics/depart...nsisDLC2000.jpg

Yeah, I've seen both white and brown M. farcimen on docks in Puget sound. Never a pink one though.

I doubt I'll ever see a lumpsucker, I have seen snailfish though, which are similar, but not as cool, but if I see one I'll get it for you. I'm planning to go night tidepooling (the only kind of tidepooling you can do here in the winter, all the low tides are at night) sometime within the next month or two, and hopefully I'll be able to get some of those awesome crangon shrimp I used to have (they only come out at night). I think that was before I had a thread, but they were really cool. Looked more like some sort of miniature military vehicle than a shrimp. I'll see if I can find a pic.

okay, this is basically what they looked like :

http://www.wallawalla.edu/academics/depart...nsisDLC2000.jpg

snailfish would be cool based on the pics I've seen. They not as colorful/entertaining in reality?

Cool shrimp...looks like it should have a machine gun stickin out the top of it :D

They are looking good! Great pics, D. :)

Thanks lani. you about ready to set yours up yet? :P

uh hello

where are the catalina gobies?

in the LFS's pico, where they shall stay :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived