Pod Your Reef

Anyone use this RO/DI unit?

nanoty

Ebay is being retarted for me as well. I emailed the company and asked if I could order from their site, but with e-bay prices. They said that I could call and mention e-bay when I ordered and get the same prices on e-bay. I don't have the number right in front of me, so go to their site and call. I am going to tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
BuckeyeFieldSupply
I know everyone wants me to spend as much as I can on a RO unit but I am always looking for a deal and need to save as much money as I can for other aquarium crap.

Also, I was wondering if anyone out there so far as needed a pump because of low water pressure? My water pressure is not great but I have not checked it.

Here is a linky.

RO/DI unit

That is a retrofitted drinking water system, and is mis-configured for aquarium use. The two biggest problems with that system (among others) is that it has a horizontal DI stage, and the DI water is fed through a GAC stage. The water is as pure as that system can make it after it goes through the DI resin - running it through GAC will add TDS to the water.

Some things to look at in a good system for aquarium use:

Standard-sized prefilters, membrane, and DI cartridge

Brand name, high-rejection membrane

Specifications provided for each stage

Pressure gauge after the prefilters and before the membrane

Thermometer

DI bypass

Vertical DI stage

Refillable DI cartridge

Aluminum bracket

Quick connect fittings

Flush valve

Clear housings

High-quality instructions

Customer support after your purchase

Russ @ BFS

I bought the one on ebay from purewaterclub, i got the 100gpd 6stage unit and make about 30gallons a week. Mine came with a 2.5gallon expansion tank which in my opinion is necessary. I wish I had a 20 gallon tank. I also added the TDS meter that measures water in and water out. My in is around 145 TDS and my out has always been <4 TDS. It is only greater than zero TDS when I haven't shaken the DI stage, so I agree with the guy that said the di stage should be verticle.

Archived