Pod Your Reef

Adam's Red Sea Max

mandelbloom

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HaHa..ok yea I keep fiddling with the thing trying to get it the way I want :) On a side note my fan mod is really working out good. Over the weekend it was 89 degrees outside! I kept the house at 76 and my tank never made it to 80. Now the weekdays are going to be a different story because I set the thermostat up a tad when I leave the house, but I think it still wont get above 81.

• 4 weeks later...
mandelbloom
Latest FTS

DSC_0002.jpg

I have managed to keep the surface nicely skimmed without lowering the water level below the black rim. Just raised the intake grate a little. Tank looks much cleaner since this pic, I cleaned all the powerheads and siphoned out some algea during the water change.

nice, i see you went with the flame and got a clam.

That is exaclty how I have my surface skimmed, raise the grate just a smidge and keep the water bellow the molding

mandelbloom

Yep! The flame has been very well behaved thus far :) Just put the clam in on Friday. Its doing well. I found its hard to place them, but I was able to wedge him in to that spot. I also got a queen conch, its a monster! But it has done an amazing job of cleaning the tank. I may have to trade it in for a smaller one at some point though.

yeah, clams are tricky but once they find a spot they like it will take hold. I thought that was just a shell! that thing is huge. I can't see your tank supporting enough food for to last very long. I would def. look into getting a smaller one in the future

mandelbloom

Yea, hopefully I can find a smaller one somewhere and trade it in. I ordered some stuff in the mail and got it, didnt realize it would be so big already :) For now I need him to keep up the good work though!!

• 2 weeks later...
mandelbloom

He is innocent I tell ya!!!!! He has been a good boy thus far :) though if that photo was submitted in court he would be convicted for sure, hehe.

mandelbloom

Hmm....not a bad idea I may give it a shot. Though I do like how they look now too :) Bought them for my Blenny to hang out in.

• 2 weeks later...
Latest FTS

Tank-2.jpg

Close up of my clam

Clam.jpg

The seafan looks awesome ... welcome to the RSM club ...

Looks like the frogspawn is a bit close to the xenia ... or is it the angle that I am looking at... just beware that the frogspawn will sting like crazy ...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived