Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Biotopes

b_c_fisher

How many of you have reef BIOTOPES set up? I haven't seen many. Maybe one on this site and one or two on RC yes the god-forbidden site of doom! But anyways I'm REALLY interested in making my next 40 BR into a biotope with some of the stuff I have in my 30 cube right now. My road with SPS or atleast Acros has come to an end I believe as my damn metal halide has pissed me off to no limit and my beautiful Tri color died. Now onwords does anyone have any info on certain biotopes or does anyone here have a biotope tank? If so post a link. I'd love to explore my options. Also need ideas for my 10 gallon lagoon biotope. I'm listening and just waiting for info. Thanks guys. :)

Check out the member aquarium section.

I just saw one in there, he was copying a tank that mimicked the look of a shore, One end had rock stacked up with sand on top and a little seagrass then in the middle of the tank it dropped off and on the other end was just sand to mimick the sand bed of the ocean. Really a cool idea. Can't remember the username but it started with a D and can't be that buried.

Spanko is doing a flat atoll biotope, basically leveling off the liverock to form a shelf in the tank and letting monti's and acro's grow up and around, very cool as well.

How many of you have reef BIOTOPES set up? I haven't seen many. Maybe one on this site and one or two on RC yes the god-forbidden site of doom! But anyways I'm REALLY interested in making my next 40 BR into a biotope with some of the stuff I have in my 30 cube right now. My road with SPS or atleast Acros has come to an end I believe as my damn metal halide has pissed me off to no limit and my beautiful Tri color died. Now onwords does anyone have any info on certain biotopes or does anyone here have a biotope tank? If so post a link. I'd love to explore my options. Also need ideas for my 10 gallon lagoon biotope. I'm listening and just waiting for info. Thanks guys. :)

Mine (Singapore lagoon): http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142920

My favorite other biotope on here (Yardboy's Florida jetty): http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=yardboy

We both have tons of info on the biotopes, hopefully you can find some ideas there ;)

I have a Florida biotope setup with different gorgonians, anemones, and even Florida stony corals. You can find it in the member's aquariums section.

Archived