Coral Vue Hydros

Deacon's Ric Zoo

deacon hemp

deacon hemp

This is an update on my 3.5-4 gallon reef that showcases ricordea mushrooms,and zooanthids.It also houses tonga mush,red blue dotted mush,yellow polyps and green button polyps.this is definetly not the final aquascape as some of the rics i got are on big rock and i need to frag them.I also just got a blue and purple porcelian crab.Whenever i find one i'll be adding a 3 inch squamosa on the sand bed for a centerpeice!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No replies!!

I'm speechless! Your tank looks AWESOME!!! :)

I love the actinic shots and how your ricordia and polyps fluoresce. That one greenish ricordia looks like something from the Abyss in that actinic shot. ;)

Your set-up is what I'm trying to do with my 5.5 I'm starting up. I want it filled with multi-colored zoos, rics, gsp, xenia, some gorgonians coming up from the sandbed, a clam or two, and of course, my various colored macroalgae. ;) Also, some sexy shrimp (unless they pick on my corals or something), a porcelain crab, and maybe one of those Harlequin shrimp, they look like walking orchid blossoms, to eat some of these little asternia sp. starfish that came in on my LR.

What's the lighting on your tank? Any other specs?

I almost forgot, can you post a pic of your crab? :) Those things are awesome.

-Dan

deacon hemp

Dchisenh thanks fer the kind words,your tank sounds like it's gonna be great!as for specs....

Lighting:2x13 watt pc 1-6700K,and 1-non true attinic,

gonna add 1 more 10000Kor 50/50 if i can get 1

also 2 radioshack fans to cool.

Supplements:kent's liquid calcium and buffer,iodine,trace

elements,all bottle directions.

Filtration:4#'s LR,LS,aquaclear mini[no media]heater inside.

also have a 5.5 fuge to be setup,and a top-off switch

Also on a side note their have been no snails and 1 hermit in this tank but i never have scraped the acrylic once!I'm never gonna setup a new nano without using aged tank water again!As for my new crab he's been hiding for two days when he feels comfortable and comes out i'll snap a shot.

deacon hemp

Wow, thanks phish and think it's not even done that big rock in left front takes up a lot of viewing space,once i replace it with a squamy it will look tight.

Those actinic shots are going to go in my slideshow screensaver. :)

How old is the tank Deacon?

And I hope that crab comes out of hiding soon, 'cause I'd love to see a blue and purple porcelain crab. The only ones I can find are white and pink. Still cool, but man, blue and purple sounds awesome. :)

-Dan

deacon hemp

Dchisenh these shots are average at best they were taken without tripod i'll post new ones once clammy is in the house,real screensavers!My crab is ####ing me off!i'll post a shot when he shows his patterned little face.it said rare on his price tag?The tank is 3-4 months of age but the water,lr,ls was all a year and a half old.I can't stress enough how important that makes this tank,coralline growth on the walls in the second week!!!

I understand completely, about how important an aged system is!

I started out with a 5.5, just LR rubble, a baby snowflake eel, some halimeda, a single red mushroom, and a blue devil fiji damsel (all on my LFS's advice back before I knew any better). That tank actually did pretty good and got me to start up a 29 as a salt tank. I wanted something bigger, so when I moved, I set up a 75 with what was in the 29. I got tired of how expensive it was to run, so I moved most of the stuff back into the 29. Right now, it's a nice system, except for the hair algae. Today it sprung a leak (somewhere...) so I'm going to sell off most of the livestock in there, move some of the LR and corals over to a 10 gallon acrylic that I'm about to connect to my 5.5 I mentioned earlier. :)

The 5.5 has a tetratec 150 attatched as a refugium/heater/tidal flow simulator and the tank itself has some AWESOME liverock someone traded in when they broke down their system about a month or so ago. Already, my tank is absolutely crawling pods, worms, little starfish, feather dusters, you name it, it's in there. :) It's become my new focus of my tanks (except my 75 which now houses a baby retic stingray...soooo cool ;) ). I'm doing my best to do this 5.5 gallon+10 gallon+5 gallon sump system right, no short cuts, plenty of patience. So far, it's doing great. :) I'm about to head to Home Depot right now to get some supplies to connect the two tanks and I'll probably do that later on tonight or tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it goes. :)

Also, if you call those shots "average" then DAMN you must be a good photographer! I like 'em a lot. :) That one shot of the green ricordia.....wow...that's all I can say about that one. ;)

-Dan

deacon hemp

Also, if you call those shots "average" then DAMN you must be a good photographer!  I like 'em a lot. :)  

-Dan [/b]

Thats a DAMN good compliment!I knew i took alright pics but my camera limits me a bit.if you like the ric attinic shot i'll hook u up with the best attinic ric shot u eva seen!Last week i got to try out a nikon D100 that had a $2000 lens it was cool!

deacon hemp

thanks cmoreash that red shroom rock was my first coral,and has been fragged many times.it's a shame thou,on the other side a bright lime green sponge popped up it's almost more attractive than the shrooms!

BTW i'd love to see the 46 when ready!

deacon hemp
Originally posted by deacon hemp

thanks for the reply 70 veiws and no comments.....dope!

Wow thanks guys i guess i'm totally paranoid and can't wait for feedback on my tanks,good or bad......i swear my tank already since posting looks a few times better and those pics are shabby!!

I'll be posting proper tripod pics in a few day's,and again thanks fer the positive feedback!

Deacon

deacon hemp

i finally got some life going in my little tank picked up a tiny yellow clown goby,and two purple anenome crabs.

Heres a full tank to start

Archived