inTank Media Baskets

OMFG's "NOT another aquapod!" converting to 34g Solana!

oh my fraggin gosh!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oh my fraggin gosh!

Thanks for the clicks everyone.

Just wanted to give a post that I put an order for the HOT Magnum, and I also put in a request for a D80 or a D40 or a Rebel XTI!

I will definitely update on which one I end up getting.

oh my fraggin gosh!

Just came home with the D80 and a 15-135mm lens. Gonna start playing and hopefully by the end of the day I can give some better pictures!!!!!

oh my fraggin gosh!

Nikon D80 with 15-135mm lens

So I got home today and started playing with my new toy. Took some nice shots, and thought it'd be nice to post some cool shots. The first few are just random shots that exploit this baby's power, and the following are of course "macros" of the tank. I am definitely giong to invest in a SUPER macro lens so I can get some amphipod shots as well :D

A branch outside my window...

qnnq6g.jpg

and the car behind it... lol

65a4q9.jpg

A flower tree my mom had up for the Chinese New Year (I just thought this was beautiful):

34qaemg.jpg

My front gate!

2cieiqd.jpg

A little show-off of the power of FOCUS!

2818tae.jpg

2rrtdtd.jpg

jpjxjo.jpg

and of course (i just had to) the love of my life:

23sdris.jpg

Following post for macros... lol definitely not as good as these pics IMO

oh my fraggin gosh!

First snaps of the aquapod with the Nikon D80:

Pink Zoas

2zzi838.jpg

Blue and Green zoas/polyps

2hqh2jd.jpg

Variety zoa rock

2q9xr87.jpg

Yellow Toadstool

2ikwoiq.jpg

My two ric's (orange and green)

106kaaw.jpg

Red Shrooms:

6stlio.jpg

Red zoas (don't know these ID's):

2py18n8.jpg

More maybe later... Keep checking back for updates. Still taking suggestions on live fish.

-t

• 2 weeks later...
oh my fraggin gosh!

I finally got my H.O.T. Magnum today while I was at work (I had it shipped to my office :lol: ) I plugged it in and noticed I was getting micro bubbles. Not a fan of microbubbles, but it did clear the water up when I pulled it out so I'm satisfied. No big deal. Ballasted the rocks and saw the dust disappear.

I've also been slowly shopping for a fish. I had been talking to the LFS owner about getting me a percula or a blue spot jawfish. Either or. Today I found a really nice false perc, and a special guest for a really good price. Here are some pics of the new guys:

New to the neighborhood:

Nemo! (yes that's his name sadly lol j/k)

fyk8rr.jpg

Also a t. max! I fell in love with it. It has a really sweet shell lol, and it was already attached to the base.

2dr89ch.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the pics. I am also shopping around for a 75gallon that I made a post for. Was looking for opinions. The LFS owner had told me that I could get a 75gallon reef ready with a stand for about 450. (250 tank, 200 stand). The only bad thing is the refugium is going to cost an arm and a leg. That supposedly comes with the protein skimmer, and the mud, and lights, and whatever else it is that costs that much!?

Anyway, anyone know if there's a cheaper alternative for the refugium? Thanks

oh my fraggin gosh!

I found yet another shrimp molt today floating around... Wish I caught a picture of it before it got dismantled by the koralia. It still confirms that I have a pistol shrimp in there. Just don't know where it is. I hear it clicking of course, but have yet to have seen it since the set up when it came in as a hitch hiker.

oh my fraggin gosh!

Funny, I wish I coudl get one, the dude is like hiding behind the rocks...

I also reaquascaped, changed it to a rock wall, since I removed my false wall, there's a lot of room back there.

Pics later today, I took the day off

oh my fraggin gosh!

Here are the pictures I promised. It is a new aquascape that I played with yesterday. I am having trouble finding the whileeri goby that I brought home last night. I think he's somewhere behind the rock wall. I just hope he isn't dead. Havne't seen it since I put him in. I even tried feeding to see if it would come out, but no luck. :(

Here is a pic of the new FTS:

DSC_0133.jpg

My Zoa Garden:

DSC_0126.jpg

Shroom side of the tank: Nemo tried to get in the way...

DSC_0124.jpg

Some pictures of the Aquafuge:

Don't know how the black turbo got in there, but he's been in there for a while...

DSC_0137.jpg

DSC_0135.jpg

As I am typing/uploading.... I see the goby out the right side! He's just chilling there... I go to grab my d80 ! DOH! no memory card since pics are downloading into the pc. Go into my camera bag, grab the other flash card, plug it in, get ready to shoot, and the phone rings! WHAM HE GOES BACK INTO THE WALL!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :rant: I curse out the person who was calling me!

oh my fraggin gosh!

Just came home with another little pick up. Got a Blue Spot Jawfish, and a GBTA. It's pretty sweet. I should have taken caps before while the BSJF was making his house. He's dug such a deep of a hole that he got to the other side of the rock scape... and now I don't see him anymore... and now I see the Wheeleri Goby taking over his house! lol good stuff... Hopefully he will be out within the next few days so the blue spot will come out more.

Anyway, the GBTA is pretty sweet too, but the clownfish hasn't taken note of it yet... Does anyone have experience with them that makes them host each other right away? Caps soon to be taken... My g/f has fallen in love with the blue spot arleady, he's a great guy to look at for hours.

oh my fraggin gosh!

Ninja Algae - aka bubble algae seems to be breaking out soon. First few weeks of set up, I saw one or two floating into the water, got rid of it right away, and on several occassions following after that, same incident...

Today I see a small colony, about 7-8+ on my rocks!!! :o I try to manually remove them, take but 3-4 off, and the rest popped!!!!! -_-

Sigh.. popped on the magnum and ran it full blast...

On another note, I saw the bluespot jawfish or at least his eye in one of the crevices... looked VERY creepy like it was a ghost or something, but cute just cuz I knew what it was... hope he comes out.

oh my fraggin gosh!

So after playing with the camera, I tried to see if the BSJF was in that same spot, and turned out to be so... caught some scary pics of him... I hope he won't just stay there forever... but seems as if the wheeleri took over his house... Here are some caps of the new addition:

DSC_0218.jpg

The wheeleri said GG to the BSJF

DSC_0221.jpg

GBTA settling behind the patch of shrooms... hasn't moved since and Nemo hasn't taken notice of him either... =(

DSC_0220.jpg

oh my fraggin gosh!

After much research and talking with other BSJF owners, I resorted to creating a man made hole/tunnel. When Blue (his name) was introduced to the tank, he was very shy. Nemo, being a clwonfish, was very active, and acted as a one man show giving little opportunity for Blue to settle in. He spent a lot of time in the back of the LR as shown above, even with the introduction of the man made tunnel.

My sand bed was a little shallow as well, so I had to add about 3-4 inches of LS. Arag Alive was added, and concluded that it was safe to do so after consulting with a few other local reefers. I attempted to feed the tank with Mysis, and luckily, Blue ate 3-4 pieces of shrimp his first outing. Then second tiem, a litlte more 5-6 mysis.

After a week, one day, I got home from a long day of work, and found Blue in the man made tunnel! That was last night. Fed the tank this morning, and he literally must have devoured 3/4 of the mysis cube all by himself! I am very proud to see him acclimated.

Here are pictures of him:

DSC_0238.jpg

Looking at a nassy snail:

DSC_0239.jpg

Oddly enough, Nemo has a GBTA on the right side of the tank... for some reason, since Blue has been in his new home, he completely ignores the BTA, and now hangs out with Blue. I'd like to introduce a newly discovered pair! lol. I don't even knwo if it's possible, but they seem to get along all the tiem, and they never leave each other.

DSC_0241.jpg

FTS (focused on the front part of the tank)

DSC_0240.jpg

nanoreefbro

Looks great.. How did you change the sand? Also since you are running two koralias do you have alot of sand blowing around?

oh my fraggin gosh!
Looks great.. How did you change the sand? Also since you are running two koralias do you have alot of sand blowing around?

Well it's definitely not a sandstorm. I didn't change the sand, just added more on top of it. I used dixie cups, didn't help much, there was still milk, but I did this while I was running a H.O.T. Magnum canister, and in ~30 minutes, cleared it up in a jiffy.

The only mechanical filter I run 24/7 is the protein skimmer off the Aquafuge.

The koralia's don't blow sand around at all. It does give it some good flow. The koralia 1 points upwards and points towards the left side of the tank, the nano is also at the same water level of the koralia 1, but is on the back wall, and faces the front of the glass. Good flow, and breaks up the layer of gunk that stays at the top of the water surface.

nanoreefbro

Cool.. Well it definitely looks good.. Is that the Aquafuge the small or medium one? I added a Tunze 6025 Nanostream to my 24 gal and it's blowing sand everywhere so I plan on added a heavier grade since I only have live sand in there.

oh my fraggin gosh!
Cool.. Well it definitely looks good.. Is that the Aquafuge the small or medium one? I added a Tunze 6025 Nanostream to my 24 gal and it's blowing sand everywhere so I plan on added a heavier grade since I only have live sand in there.

It's really the medium, but since it comes with the protein skimmer built in, it's called "small" but the dimensions are the same as that of the Medium

Archived