inTank Media Baskets

Calling all Atlanta nanos!

bamann345

Anyone in the Atlanta area we are calling you! We are trying to start a nano group that would meet every couple of months? and share stories and trade stuff, and all that good stuff we do!:P

Charles(c_k_kuehne), the vice-president of the Atlanta Reef Club is trying to get this off the ground. We have a thread about it here http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/showthre...&threadid=19632. I just wanted to make sure people in the Atlanta knew about the Atlanta Reef Club!

Hey,

I'm in the Atlanta area, in good old Loganville, GA. Where abouts would you have meetings or frag swaps? I would be very interested in attending as would some of my friends. We're always looking for new thing to throw in our tanks.

Thanks,

Frank

Tank specs:

10 gallon Perfecto tank

19" JBJ 2x36 watt PC Desk top Formosa w/ 1 10K and 1 actinic

Aquaclear 150 HOB

Aquaclear 301 PH

50 watt Ebo Jager TS sub. heater

14 lbs. Fiji Live rock

20 lbs. Arag-a-live

4 Scarlet reef crabs

1 Blue legged reef crab

4 margarita snails

3 Turbo grazers

6-8 Nassarius snails

1 Fire Shrimp

1 Green Button polyp Rock

1 Yellow polyp/ orange and brown zoo combo rock

1 Brown star polyp rock

3 Mushrooms (loose polyps)

1 Green Star polyp rock

1 3-polyped Candy cane frag

Hey Frank go over to www.atlantareefclub.org and check it out! The people are very nice and people are always trading frags. This is an idea we are trying to get togeather. If you havent look at the link and that will be the details we are trying to work out.

Sounds great. I do have one request. Have the meetings on a Sat. I am in Charleston SC and have wanted to attend some of your meetings but since they fall on a Thur. I am unable to attend. Sat. I would be able to get there maybe. Just a suggestion.

The reef club always has their meetings on the 2nd tuesday of each month. It has been that way for a long time. It has been brought up to move the meeting to a sat. but many people have changed their work times to have that tuesday off or even get off early. As the nano thing, I am not sure when we would have it, a lot of people want it on a sunday, could you do that? That would put you back in Charleston realy late sunday evening. Post ideas on the Atlanta Forum through the link on the first post!

Thanks for showing interest!

Definatly go to the link in the first post.

We are trying to startup a Nano SIG (Special Interest Group) as part of the Atlanta Reef CLub (ARC).

The regular general meetings of the ARC will remain on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. The Nano SIG meetings will most likely be on a weekend and scheduled to accomondate the most number of Nano reefers possible.

The more Nano reefers we have for these meetings the more Nano realted activities/frag swaps/group purchases we can make.

The ARC has been a very positive experience for me since I joined. I was able to trade for most of my corals in my main system. I then grew them out for a while then sold them off (at very resonable prices) so I could build my Minibow Nano.

Charles

Flipturn88 have you made it over to the Atlanta Reef Forum? Do you think you will be able to make it to the meeting at my place on the 27th of July?

Nishant3789 are you going to be able to make it?

c_k_kuehne

Flipturn88 --- Either way get that basic info I sent you in the PM back to me. That way I can get you on the e-mail list and if you can't make this meeting hopefully you can make a future one.

I'm figuring the meetings are going to be the 4th weekend of the month and we'll swap around from Saturdays to Sundays. Not sure weather every month or every other month --- I guess that depends if there is sustained interest or not. But that will probably depend on how well this first meeting goes.

Currently we have a total of 12 people from Atlanta area that have showed an interest. I'm hopeing at least 1/2 can make it to the meeting.

Flipturn88

There are some things about me you might want to know. First off, I am only 14 (almost 15) years old, and I do NOT have a nano-reef yet, but I am working very dilligently on finding as much research and info as possible before I purchase the supplies (which will also depend on how much money I have saved up at the right time). Yes, I know I am young and a newbie, but I am still interested in attending the meeting so that I can talk with ppl who are expericenced nano-reefers, and hopefully can provide me with some helpful tips for startup, supplies, and other fun stuff (I say that non-sarcastically :)). Would it still be okay if I came? Thanks.

~Kayla

Hey Kayla, I can swing by and pick you up..you are like 5 mins. away! I would still think you are more than welcome! Once you start you cant stop!

Nishant3789

hey kayla im 14 too, theres another 14 year old in the group that goes by the name of alex, sry bamann i wont be able to make it ill be in england but i wish u guys a good meeting, maybe the next one, also, if a guy names mike W. (trt alias busboy) goes he will be babysitting my tank and he could give you some details on it. :)

c_k_kuehne

Hi Kayla --- It's OK your only 14 -- we have two other 14 year olds who have Nano's.

It's also OK that your tank isn't up yet. Besides we can probably help w/ that. I have a little bit of SD sand I could give ya and I could probably come up w/ a little bit of LR for cheap. So as soon as your setup is ready we'll be there to help. If you get me that info I'll make sure you get on the e-mail list.

William offered to pick you up and one of us will probably pick up Alex (Mantisshrimp)

Sorry you can't make it Nishant --- but we'll see ya at the next meeting.

Charles

P.S. If you got a PM and havn't responded yet -- please do -- there are only a few who I don't have an e-mail for and I'm trying to wait for everyones e-mail before I send out the Nano SIG overview and announcement.

Nishant3789

its alright just give my regards to the fellow nano-reefers.......................kayla are u a girl?

Being they are from peachtree station that would go to Norcross HS or Pickneyville middle, that is around that age.

Nishant3789

ah ok

too far hehe....... im going to chatahoochie highschool next year, what grade are you in? talk about pickin up chicks of the net hehe im just playin

Archived