My 20g mainly Elegance Coral & Other LPS

Sandeep

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

that is a sick tank sir. my hat is off to you. hope your elegance sticks around a while. i hear lots of people have trouble with it.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did some rearranging to create a less crowded look. Created an Elegance Island on the right and placed the large and small Elegance corals there and a LPS rock cliff on the left. This had created a nice large open space in the tank that my clam and Cynarina can enjoy while the Tomato Clown and two yellow-tail Damsels get more swimming space too as a bonus.

NanoJan28_09a.jpg

NanoJan28_09b.jpg

NanoJan28_09c.jpg

My favorite coral by far, it's so great to see a healthy and thriving Elegance. Beautiful tank, Sand. Please let me know if you ever have frags available to ship. Hearts.

I will cross the border for Elegance =D Keep us updated, I love your tank.

I just got a small Aussie Elegance for my tank. Looks great the first few days, but now it's starting to puff up, I'm scared |=

• 4 weeks later...

I have had my elegance for about 10 days now.

tank1111.jpg

It looks very happy and under my 4 t5 lights 1 blue 3 white. It seems to love the light. I have two of the lights come on for 30 mins before the other 2 kick in, then after 8 hours it goes back to 2 light for the last 2 hours.

There is a very noticable difference in the size of the elegance with the intensity of light, it grows with the light.

However I have noticed tonight that it was very sort of bloated? short tenticles with very engorged flat plates. Hard to describe and will get a photo the next time. It has done this once or twice before so I wonder if this is all part of its normal behaviour? I was at night this happens.

The photo is as it is during the day and to me it seems very happy. Water and everying in the tank is good and doing well.

• 1 month later...

Glad to see the tank is still doing so well. You have had really great luck with the elegance. It looks huge. Such a great tank with a nice simple approach.

Keep up the great work.

Jason

• 9 months later...

Looking good and really great that you're able to frag the Elegance. I finally have one surviving long term, but as it's getting quite big, I'm very afraid to even touch it =D (although my clowns beat it up every night -__-)

Archived