bicolor blenny

IMG_5392.jpg

This is the view from the left end of the tank

IMG_5389.jpg

Lotsa fish

IMG_5398.jpg

FTS

IMG_5394.jpg

One anthia and the Scott's Fairy wrasse (who is huge, and gorgeous, btw) are still hiding.

Thanks everybody. The 6th anthia has decided to join the party. Now we're just waiting on the Scott's Fairy wrasse to come out of hiding. Don't know what he's waiting on, he'll rule this tank. He's twice the size of the Powder Blue. He's incredible.

I can't get the return bulkhead on the right to hold water. :angry: It's practically a running faucet.

Not really sure what I'm going to do...

At least the Scott's fairy wrasse came out of hiding for most of the night. He ate a little too!

Scottsfairywrasse.jpg

Good luck with that bulkhead - it's leaking into the sump right?

Nice fish!! I really like that powder blue tang. I am going to have to tap into your fish knowledge when it comes time for me to stock my tank. Although I was thinking of getting a carpet anemone, so that may limit my stocking list drastically.

Good luck with that bulkhead - it's leaking into the sump right?

Nice fish!! I really like that powder blue tang. I am going to have to tap into your fish knowledge when it comes time for me to stock my tank. Although I was thinking of getting a carpet anemone, so that may limit my stocking list drastically.

It leaks into the stand. The sump isn't under the back right corner. Thanks, I love my powder blue, but he really is a jerk. It takes some resilient fish to stand up to him. I'd be glad to help you decide what fish to get!

Very nice indeed. Do you have any kind of top on the tank to keep the fishies from jumping?

Thank you. And yes, I have 1/4" mesh screens.

Meshlids.jpg

Nicely done on the top.

I have a mesh top on my 29 gallon also. Unfortunately it is the 3/8 inch mesh as I could not locate 1/4 inch locally. Crisscrossed mine so the opening has and X in it to keep the fish from jumping through.

01nettop.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Did you ever get the bulkhead taken care of? I love the random jawfish in the tank. They're one of my favorite fish. I would love to get a tank like yours with a deep sand bed and maybe an 18" gap between major rock structures to keep a small jawfish colony.

Did you ever get the bulkhead taken care of? I love the random jawfish in the tank. They're one of my favorite fish. I would love to get a tank like yours with a deep sand bed and maybe an 18" gap between major rock structures to keep a small jawfish colony.

Nope. Can't get it to hold water, but I haven't gotten to put much effort into it yet. I've just been doing water changes to make up for the lack of skimmer. I'll be able to put some good effort into wrapping this tank up next week when I get back from my road trip this weekend.

The jawfish is cool, his burrow is front and center now, he switched rocks. I'm glad he survived. He was MIA for 3 months in the 125.

Oooh I totally forgot that you're in Wilmington! I'm only a little over an hour away from you now :D

Well damn. How long have you been down here? Wish I had known you were in MB, we were all just down there Saturday for a big meet. The dropjaw winter cruize car show is horrible, but we make it a big event anyways as an excuse to get out of town. It's not really even an hour if you go the same speed as traffic. Even less from my house, I live just west of Wilmington in Brunswick County.

There's actually an Autocross down there in a few weeks, the site is just up-in-the-air at the moment. If they get their good site secured a bunch of us will be driving down. The week afterwards we're having an autocross here in Wilmington.

Been to Salty Critters Depot yet? It's supposed to be a really nice store. Check out CarolinaFishTalk.com for local fish stuff. StreetLethalRacing.com is a car forum based out of MB. They mostly BS, but they're cool guys. The ones more into actually driving their cars are on CoastalCarolinaRacing.com. I'm an admin there. There are lots of us on both forums though, you should check them out if you want to get to know the car people around here.

AdrianBryce

Everything looks awesome! I wantz a big tank too. 90 gallons seemed so big, until I started a stocking list. I need moar gallons.

Everything looks awesome! I wantz a big tank too. 90 gallons seemed so big, until I started a stocking list. I need moar gallons.

180 gallons is nice. It fills up quickly too.

My 55 filled up very quickly. I'm probably going to keep the old 125 and upgrade the 55 to that. A 180 reef and a 125 FOWLR, it's gonna be nuts!

Been to Salty Critters Depot yet? It's supposed to be a really nice store. Check out CarolinaFishTalk.com for local fish stuff. StreetLethalRacing.com is a car forum based out of MB. They mostly BS, but they're cool guys. The ones more into actually driving their cars are on CoastalCarolinaRacing.com. I'm an admin there. There are lots of us on both forums though, you should check them out if you want to get to know the car people around here.

Oh I've only been here a couple of months, but I finally secured a job so now I'm here permanently :D

I haven't heard of Salty Critters Depot, but I'm pretty good friend's with Bruce from Sea Critters Depot. I was in his store on Sunday and he told me that I had just missed the first reef club meeting. I'll be at the next one though! Are there any decent LFS' in Wilmington?

Oh I've only been here a couple of months, but I finally secured a job so now I'm here permanently :D

I haven't heard of Salty Critters Depot, but I'm pretty good friend's with Bruce from Sea Critters Depot. I was in his store on Sunday and he told me that I had just missed the first reef club meeting. I'll be at the next one though! Are there any decent LFS' in Wilmington?

Sea Critters! That's what I meant. I still haven't made it down to Bruce's store. We have one store that's pretty good, Majestic Reef, lots of nice fish and a 4'x8'x1' coral tank. They've only been open a few months so they're still getting set up. Another store is kind of a hole-in-the-wall joint, but it was all we had for a long time, Tropical Paradise. The owner isn't really a people person so most people hate him and his store, he's not so bad though. Then there are two "stores" run out of garages, Reef Secrets and Aquarium Solutions.

Congrats on the job! You'll like MB once you learn how to avoid the tourists.

Yeah we went to college here, so we know what we're getting ourselves into :lol:

I think Bruce's place is the definition of a hole-in-the-wall store. It's nothing but a storage unit. Well now it's 4 of them, but back when I first met him it was just one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived