inTank Media Baskets

KRAYOLA!

Krayon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well went to my lfs today and got some new additions. i got a hawian(sp??) feather duster, and frags of zoas,mushrooms,gsp, ect... pics when the water clears.

Feather Duster

6u5bmrq.jpg

Blue Mushroom and small orange zoas

6u7a41t.jpg

some big zoas

7xt7jwg.jpg

unopened gsp

81k25oo.jpg

FTS

6k4ip3d.jpg

*please not these pics were taken as soon as the water cleared. so some of my coral is still acclimating and unopened

well, for my future fish, ive decided against the YCG and the pistol/goby pair. so my question is what are suitible(sp) tank mates for my firefish?

well, for my future fish, ive decided against the YCG and the pistol/goby pair. so my question is what are suitible(sp) tank mates for my firefish?

Clowns live well with mine. I rarely see them pester the firefish. Wise choice to put him in there first.

Clowns live well with mine. I rarely see them pester the firefish. Wise choice to put him in there first.

hmmm, well how about a Chocolate (Clarkii) Clown, ive been eyeing them for quite some time ;)?

hmmm, well how about a Chocolate (Clarkii) Clown, ive been eyeing them for quite some time ;)?

All I can tell you about that one is that it would certainly look great it your tank! BTW: That's perfectly normal behavior for the firefish to duck out for most of the day. Mine did the same thing for the 1st 2 months. Now it's always posing for pics.

I am really happy with my 6-line wrasse. He is out all the time and eats pests in the tank.

Clowns are always nice as well.

Make sure thats where you want your gsp as it will cover anthing it can come in contact with pretty darn fast.

Is that plant halmadea? Gives the tank a nice natural look.

I am really happy with my 6-line wrasse. He is out all the time and eats pests in the tank.

Clowns are always nice as well.

Make sure thats where you want your gsp as it will cover anthing it can come in contact with pretty darn fast.

Is that plant halmadea? Gives the tank a nice natural look.

yah, i do not think i will keep the gsp there, but its a waky frag with gsp on both sides. and yes the plant is halmedia :D

ok so since i am not going to get a pistol shrimp, i have been thinking about either getting 2 pep shrimps, or 1 scarlet cleaner shrimp or 1 blood shrimp, any thoughts?

I have a blood red shrimp and the only time i see him is when i re-aquascape the tank.

You might have more luck with one but they are very nocturnal.

I would try for a skunk cleaner shrimp. They are supposed to be more active and more likely to clean the fish than a blood red.

You might want to avoid 2 of the same kind of shrimp.... might lead to a scuffel.

I have a blood red shrimp and the only time i see him is when i re-aquascape the tank.

You might have more luck with one but they are very nocturnal.

I would try for a skunk cleaner shrimp. They are supposed to be more active and more likely to clean the fish than a blood red.

You might want to avoid 2 of the same kind of shrimp.... might lead to a scuffel.

thanks for the advice :happy:

i was in SG today... are there any good shops i should know about?

hmmm well there is

Pasadena Tropical Fish-wide variety in coral, including exotics and frags. They have a preaty good selection of SW and FW fish. (tis my LFS)

thats about all i can think of, if i think of another 1 ill tell yah

well i changed the placement of some of the corals and they are all open so i thought id post a pic or 2

71cchuf.jpg

73kv7t5.jpg

7ynx1yo.jpg

6l2qpgh.jpg

EDIT: hmm, do u think i should move the mushroom on the right to a place with more room?

I would consider getting a Banded Coral Shrimp or a mated pair of those. They're peaceful (so far in my tanks) and mated pairs are cool to watch. The female often carries eggs. The one I've got now stays in the back of the tank and makes a round or two an hour around the scape during the day and ,of course, he comes out when I feed everyone. At night, the shrimp is very active and cleans the rockwork eating something (I can't see what).

hmmm, well how about a Chocolate (Clarkii) Clown, ive been eyeing them for quite some time ;) ?

That would be a great addition to your tank. I've had a mated pair before and have a single clarkii clown now. They've always been peaceful and mind their business. The one I currently have is eating GHA!!!! (I haven't been feeding him as much as he'd wish :happy: )

well called my lfs and they said they sold thier last tank bred clarkii yesterday :'( so it will be atleast a week before i can get 1. but i will go 2marrow to get some more frags and maby a short tentical plate coral.

• 2 weeks later...

well i have not updated in a while so i just thought id give you some updates, well i added my skunk cleaner from my NC12 to the AP, got my xenia growing on the back wall. and most recently i obtained a 4-5 inch yellow fiji leather coral, it seems to have acclimated well and all of the polyps are open and yellow. Fish wise i have yet to add anymore to my tank although i may soon, do any of you out there have any suggestions out there? it would be greatly appreciated. i should have pictures later tonight, well thats all for now.

EDIT: o and i forgot to ask, what do you guys use to get rid of the film algae on your glass? its really becoming a nuisence.

Tank is looking really good! As far as glass algae, if a MagFloat won't get it, run a credit card inside the tank along the glass at an angle and it will scrape it off.

Archived