Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KRAYOLA!

Krayon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
noobwithatank

im not gonna go with everyone.. but i really liked the first aquascape u did.. IMO, it doesnt look like the standard - mountain or horse shoe design most people have. it looks like it would have made a great sps heaven if added MH.

im not gonna go with everyone.. but i really liked the first aquascape u did.. IMO, it doesnt look like the standard - mountain or horse shoe design most people have. it looks like it would have made a great sps heaven if added MH.

I just went back and looked and you are right. After reviewing then again i felt like i missed that scape option.

well tomarrow i am planning on getting a pistol shrimp/shrimp goby pair, also i may get some gsp, mushrooms, and maybe an open brain, but i am still wishy washy on the brain. any input?

well tomarrow i am planning on getting a pistol shrimp/shrimp goby pair, also i may get some gsp, mushrooms, and maybe an open brain, but i am still wishy washy on the brain. any input?

The brain is one of the fav five corals in my tank, but it's so damn hard to feed. My clowns and cleaner shrimp pester it until one of them steals the food from it's mouth. It eats soooo slow that I have to literally fend them off with a stick until it's done eating - and that could be a good 1/2 hour! Not to say that you shouldn't buy one, just that you may not want to put a cleaner or clowns in there along with it. The purple firefish won't bother it at all, so it looks good to go in as is.

You can always create a feeding dome for it out of an old pop or water bottle. Cut the bottom off, place it over the brain and feed through the top opening.

You can always create a feeding dome for it out of an old pop or water bottle. Cut the bottom off, place it over the brain and feed through the top opening.

Glad I checked back. I'll give that a try.

HELP!!! well everyone, i cant find my firefish! ive looked everywhere! no body to account for. :(

any ideas on where he might be?

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what to say, I've heard of fish getting crushed under LR and carpet surfing, jumping out of tank and landing inside of something else (filter, fuge, etc.) have you checked around the tank?

How long has your fish gone missing? Maybe your CUC got to the dead fish? Or maybe he's in the back chambers. I found my friend's dead Clown in his nano cube back chamber. Well hopefully you find it.

I too have a missing Firefish, but i think my is dead cause i haven't seen him for about a week now. And I just check my ammonia and its at 0.

Is there anything else in the tank with him? He may be getting picked on and afraid to come out.

nope, he's the only fish in the tank, the only other livestock in the tank is my CUC.

They are called dartfish for a reason, they are skittish and will "dart" to their hole when something spooks them. Is he eating? Maybe just needs to acclimate to his surroundings more.

They are called dartfish for a reason, they are skittish and will "dart" to their hole when something spooks them. Is he eating? Maybe just needs to acclimate to his surroundings more.

its funny actually, when first added him he was not skittish at all he was out there all the time. but recently he spends almost all of the day behind the aquascape. and yes he does it, infact the only time i see him is when he is eating.

Archived