inTank Media Baskets

effectiveness of small volume refugiums

andykee

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be using it as a display fuge. It's actually been taped off and painted black so that I can hide the pump, heater and whatever else I end up putting back there. So chaeto only? I can handle that.

• 1 month later...
crazydante23

If I were to use a intank refugium like the citr. Would it be ok to just use the same light thats over my tank. Or do I need another light? The bulb would be a 14k pheonix.

If I were to use a intank refugium like the citr. Would it be ok to just use the same light thats over my tank. Or do I need another light? The bulb would be a 14k pheonix.

you can use the same light. However a reverse light cycle is much better for the cheato & your ph

on my 29G DIY AIO I have partitioned off 6"/or 5 gallons and have that divided in 3 compartments (or approx 1.3 gallons each), one for heater and carbon/purigen (if I need it) the middle for LR rubble and cheato (lit with a submersible light) and the last one for my Rio pump. Cheato is growing like mad and I've definitely notice a lot more pods.

IMG_3573.jpg?t=1238343480

This photo is before adding cheato. The only problem I have is the fact that i have to remove a brick of cheato every month or so it packs so tightly in the small compartment.

Colin

crazydante23
you can use the same light. However a reverse light cycle is much better for the cheato & your ph

Thank you. I'll try the reverse cycle when I add a sump.

• 3 weeks later...
yeah, i've seen this question before too...

the answer is simple. no matter how fast the engines are screaming, the plane will remain motionless. no forward movement = no lift. no lift = no takeoff.

I would think it would take off. The wheels arent used to propel the plane. The plane and treadmill would be goin the same speed. The wheels just would stay stationary. If the plane is moving at all air would be going over the wings generating lift.

What does a treadmill have to do with a plane... a plane takes off because of it's engines that are on the wings not moving the wheels ..... So yeah put it on a treadmill and it will take off taking the treadmill with it LOL

Archived