Coral Vue Hydros

Opaquelace tank thread (12gNC with MH upgrade)

opaquelace

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is my YWG, name of Sean Connery.

DSC_0043.jpg?t=1192040037

So this is an old picture, but I've never looked through this thread before.

He really looks lik he's doing a Sean Connery impression... like he's just about the say "The Penis Mightier" or "The Rapists." Great name for that little guy.

So here is my tank after Gustav. It's doing pretty well. My palys are still closed up but don't look so shriveled...and the ones I still have from Tasha are doing well and are open. Jenna wanted to practice her poses...so hopefully you like them.

This is the only one that would attach...I am in the process of photobucketing the others.

post-29411-1220821964_thumb.jpg

Here are the others.

DSC_0407.jpg

This was her first attempt at over the shoulder posing.

DSC_0410.jpg

Her second - and much better - attempt.

DSC_0411.jpg

The flash went off and she had a typical diva moment. She said flash for fish is like putting me under fluorescent lighting...sheesh.

DSC_0413.jpg

Her "good side" as she calls it.

DSC_0415.jpg

Kind of an FTS. My tank looks lonely without its frogspawn :( I need to find that predator.

Edit: I also forgot to add that I am officially the strongest girl in the world. I moved my tank to a new piece of furniture...without spilling one drop! Not to mention the new piece of furniture was an inch higher than the stand. Woo!

Jenna looks great, girl! Glad everything went well with your tank, I just hope you can catch the thing that destroyed your frogspawn..

Me too...it destroyed my pulsing xenia too. I don't understand it. I'm almost to the point of getting a new tank, starting it with new rock, then transferring Jenna to it and cooking the rock currently in my tank. I'll slice off the mushrooms of course...but I hate having beautiful things that sway for a week or so and then overnight they are massacred.

And you've never noticed any out of the ordinary critters? Did you notice if the damage was done during the night?

It was all done during the night...and the only thing I came up with was bristleworms since I got rid of the hermit I thought was the culprit. I've seen the bristles attacking a snail or two before...but I dunno.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Update?

My tank still looks the same lol. I can't add any new coral because of the damn predator. I figured out what it was, just can't remember atm. I am, however, in the process of getting a new Finnex 20g M Tank which I'm really excited about. I'm getting the one with the refugium. I'm gonna start all over, since I don't want to risk transferring my pesky predator. I'll probably bake my favorite pieces of LR out in the sun for a week or so to use as base rock, but that's it. Only thing getting transferred is Jenna Jameson. She's excited about her new house btw. She's calls it a "mansion."

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I miss my naked clownfish :( The LFS is placing an order for clowns soon though and we will be purchasing one. I'm not sure what to name her yet though. Also, I can't find my tank thread for my 41 gallon tank so I may just turn this one into my thread for all of my tanks past and present.

Archived