ReefCleaners.org

Custom SeaLife Power Compact 20" W/ Moon on 10gal Reef?

GulfCoastReef

Jay,

I was wondering what options you've found for timers/surge protectors for this light setup. I'm still in need of a timer that will take the 3 pronged plugs. Perhaps I'll check out Home Depot tomorrow.

Good luck with the new bulb, I ordered from marineandreef.com with no problems, they were pretty good to deal with and quick shipping. So far the light is great... i love it.

-moore

heres how ya do it. i wasted 30 bucks for a 3 pronged timer....dont do that....its got an on and off for each day....stoopid....but it was all i could find. and i knew they had adapters for 3 pronged plugs but i was not thinking. anyways....go to home depot and get the 3 prong to 2 prong adapter plug.....60 cents.

my problem is the timers size. i need another surge for the 3 timers.

i got my lights in the mail today.

two words for this light: kick ass!

get one for yourself, and you moms.

jAy

petsmart has a surge+timer set at the location here in San Diego. Try going to the local petsmarts there in ChrisWebberville. Remember, petsmart not petco.

FWIW, I emailed CSL and asked two questions about this light:

1) Which replacement bulbs fit if I don't like the 10K and Ultra-Actinic?

2) How many power cords are there and where do they exit the fixture? Also, which light is the fan wired to?

They said:

"Thanks for writing. It is possible to use different bulbs with this fixture as long as they are the square pin type and less than 18” (28w-36w). The fan is designed to come on with the front lights so this should work with what you want to do. If you are facing the fixture the cords exit from the left back side. The switches and fan are on the left and the lens slides out from the right side of the fixture.

Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for your interest in the PC w/Moon-Lite.

Ted

Ted Robinson

Technical/Sales Support Manager"

In another email, they also said they plan to come out with other 40W bulbs (6700K for example), but have no time frame for that.

-James

I just got my 20" today. I love it! It looks very cool. The moonlight is very cool as well. I previously had 2x36W in a DIY kit from ahsupply, and the 2x40W blows it away in intensity. Also, the CSL actinic fluoresces the corals much better. Mine has one moonlight, right in the center. Also very cool. It is a crisp white LED. Shimmers like halides. Very good design. You do have to unscrew the legs to slide the plastic shield off of the lights, but when are you going to have the shield off and still have it on the tank? I give it an "A."

-James

great feedbacks, guys! i just ordered mine after reading this thread. one question though, marineandreefs.com is the cheapest place to get it right? hope so.

Infinti

I just got my 2x65 30" w/ 2 moonlights for my 20L last night... friggin' awesome lights! The brushed black aluminum looks really good and doesn't draw your eye away from the tank. The moonlights aren't too bright but my Gorg is a little confused by them and stays half open... I'm sure it'll figure it out in the next couple of days.

The only problem I have with them, and it's minor, is that I had to take the eggcrate off the top of my tank otherwise there'd be a very distinct grid shadow in the tank with the moonlights on. Doesn't hurt anything but looks hokey.

I had to get mine on a backorder, the guy at marinedepot said they are selling them faster than they can keep them in stock... well worth the wait imho.

i think my eyes have gotten so used to it, the light doesn't seem that bright anymore. anyone experiencing this? is it just me? what other light is BRIGHTER??

Archived