Cultivated Reef

StevieT's Red Sea Max Experience

StevieT

I can't believe how much brighter your corals are under stock lighting than mine. I am about 8 months in and am thinking about purchasing new bulbs, any recommended vendors?

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would stick with Red Seas bulbs, you can find them for $20 a piece at the good doctors or marine depot. I change mine around the 7 month mark and it makes a HUGE difference.

Hey StevieT me again where could i find bigger piece of floss filter since the chamber of death is empty now no sponges or anything and the stock little square piece wont cut it. I get to install my chiller tomorrow yahoo but damn i hate Arizona thats 500 i could have spent on fancy corals.

Thanx again

Drew

Drew-

You can find filter floss just about everywhere. The LFS, petsmart/co fabric store. It is poly stuffing, Walmat carries it in their sewing area.

Sweet ill go get some today got everything i need for my overhaul need to hit Home depot going to rig my own elbow joints to hang into the little oval spot in the back of the tank for my chiller hoses tired of waiting for RSM to get there Accesory pack out to the public they said beging of december but nothing yet, sure wuld like that surface skimmer they have also.

Drew

I purchased mine from Premium Aquatics, they had the best price at the time, it was on sale for around $65 I believe, they are usually $89 ish

well, I have a maxi jet 1200, but it is "overkill" You could go with an aqualifter or a MJ 900 would probably work. I went of the pump height chart they had on the site, the 900 was just a few inches short so I went with the 1200 to be safe. I like it to fill fast anyway, it fills it up in a few seconds and sounds like someone is taking a leak in my tank. You could go with something slower if you want, but it does have to pump up about 4 feet of tubing.

Hello Stevie

It has been awhile since I read your thread. I think 3 weeks ago. I am sorry you lost the FireFish and the cardnal. but grats on the new fish. I know you hear this alot but your tank as per ussual looks awsome.

Thank you, it is nice to hear from you again Khayman. I miss the firefish, it was very social, it was strange, I never found a body, or even part of one, the crabs must have had their way with it quickly.

Jim- Just moving up with the big boys, frosted vinyl, oh yeah, watch out inTank is professional now :lol:

The FTS is a little overexposed, I was trying to get the sticker I put on the stand to show up. My frogspawn in is getting a little too large, I really don't want to frag it but it is getting to be that time. You can see how full it is with the lights being on only a 1/2 hour.

IMG_8226.jpg

Well this is an estimate, it has been about 14-24 months since I stocked any, some came from my old tank.

3-4 Turbos

Asteria

Nas Snails

bumblebee

Blue legged hermits

Brown hermts

Orange starfish

Peppermint shrimp

Archived