SaltCritters.com

Aquaglobe Power Heads

robsreef

=¬_¬=

Here's a pic of the globe 200 that had the impeller failure...After getting a new impeller it's been workin fine.

I forgot that the tab that adjusts the flow on it broke off when I got it as well...>.<

Aquaglobe1.jpg

I love mine! For $11....I got the pump, the foam filter, hard filter, the venturi line and transformer.

I saw some pics of the rusty magnets awhile back, it looks like they changed at least the composition cuz before they were lighter in color, and now it is almost black! I can totally see where that cheesy tab gets snapped off! For the size, I think their the shiznit!

You guys think 2 AQ 200's are too much for an Eclipse 12? My quess is that being that they have adjustable flow, I should have no problem. Also, they are all the same size, right?

Thanks

Yes they all are the same size. You could just adjust the flow easily to keep things from blowing around.

-Rob

OscarBeast

Well I stuck one of my 300s in my 10-gallon. Let's just say that I had to shut the flow to the point of being OFF before it was slow enough for my tank and it still tore some of the flesh off of my galaxia.

OscarBeast

On a side note, I have already had to replace two impellers out of my three units. Don't put them on a wave maker. They don't seem to like it, but at least AG replaced them for free. The magnet comes loose from the rest of the assembly and spins free without turning the rest of the impeller.

Man, I'm so caught between buying them and passing them over. They seem to have so many problems, yet everyone still seems to like them. What to do, what to do?!?!

Yup hard to pass up but I'm sure your mileage will vary. I have had mine for about a month now and have not encountered anything bad. Who knows 6 months from now if I'll be in the same boat but for the $11.00 you really can't go wrong.

They are small. They are easy to hide in the background. (In Nanos that's especially important) And they put out a whole lot of pressure for something that small.

Maybe Aquaglobe will eventually get it right and I have read that they have a 2.0 version (don't know or can't tell you how to check, or if these are) that has addressed the failing impellors so you just have to toss the dice on this one, I'm glad I did!!! So far.....;)

I figure I'll give it a shot. I just ordered two. Like you said, for 11 bucks per ph, I can't go wrong.

Thanks for all your help.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by ~_~

=¬_¬=

Here's a pic of the globe 200 that had the impeller failure...After getting a new impeller it's been workin fine.

I forgot that the tab that adjusts the flow on it broke off when I got it as well...>.<

Aquaglobe1.jpg

Well, this aquaglobe above finally stopped working, so I took it out and took it apart, and the impeller broke in half as usual...more corrosion I guess.

I looked at the newer globe200 that I ordered from this place and the magnet looks like it has rust on it and I only used it maybe twice to test. None of the other globes I have had has had this problem...zzz

Archived