Coral Vue Hydros

My Office 2.5

Zane

After a lot of study, I am almost ready to set up my 2.5 in my office. Hopefully it will be a source of stress relief instead of adding more stress! :P

It is comprised of:

- 2.5 gallon AGA

- DIY solid oak canopy and base

- Aqua Mini HOB

- Thermal 25w heater

- MiniJet 404

- Two DIY PCF 13w, w/10K-Blue combo bulbs (yep, the Bayco specials!)

- Glass top cut to fit additional equipment

I intend to be VERY conservative about what goes into this tank, and everything will be added over a lengthy period of time. It will be interesting to compare its progress with that of my other 40G system.

Thanks all and FlyGTI! :D

Sausage: The back of the canopy has been notched to fit the exact dimensions of the HOB. It doesn't show in the picture, but the back top is also vent-able in case the need arises...

Unit: Thanks for the compliment of requesting one. I'm not sure if I would be able to do it because I had to borrow the tools and therefore don't have immediate access to them.

Supernip & Cal3v: Good to know there are some locals. I've really struggled with where to go to purchase the "live" additions. Funny thing for the East Bay, as it seems LFS options are limited. I don't know of anyone that has killer LR.

P.S. Cal3v, where did you get that lovely Capnella? :happy:

I like atlantis for fish, buy you might not be able to fit anything more than 1 tiny tiny tiny goby. Try aquatic gallery in fremont for some nice corals. Please stay away from 6th avenue if possible.

Zane I got that capnella from Tropical Paradise in San Leandro, at first as soon I got it, even in the store, it always splumped over, but after a while in my tank I checked the capnella and I saw how it wouldn't stand up because it seemed to be rotting on the inside, I had to frag it heavily and lost a few pieces but now the ones I have are doing quite well.

my capnella is never up anymore...it would be on and off...i dont know whats up with it...

Hey Zane...where did u pick up the glass cover?

Congrats Zane, another stunning DIY canopy and stand - nice job. Well the box sure looks purty - whats goin' in it?

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been a while, so I thought I'd post new pics for all to see. Hope you like them!

P.S. All of the LR and corals except for the yellow polyps were rescues from an ailing tank -- hoping to bring them back! Wish me luck!

wow your tank has the best looking yellow polyps i have ever seen! are they really that vibrant of a color?? very nice!

Archived