inTank Media Baskets

2.5 Gal Custom Pico

36racer

steelerguy

I would water test that thing for a few weeks before using it. I can totally see it falling apart from the stress of holding the water in. In addition, you are only supposed to use 100% pure silicon and if this stuff is meant to bond to acrylic then it must have some additives.

If I were you, which I am not so feel free to tell me to stuff it, I would scrap that tank. Take what you learned and do it right by using some WeldOn. You don't want to keep putting money into something that is going to fail by either falling apart or poisoning your livestock.

well its a non toxic sealant and its going greatttt , got a piece of live rock and some live sand

ended up using a coral-life bulb

but its looks good were building another tank right now also

back area

post-28579-1184020765_thumb.jpg

post-28579-1184020860_thumb.jpg

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

well it holds a little water still...........................

so much for my tank....and my carpet...

post-28579-1184041664_thumb.jpg

actually i did one for only 4 hours and it held...so happend it was just over 4 hours i had it running

Classic. :lol:

I feel your pain. I think we've all made DIY mistakes here or there. This one is just particularly graphic.

Well, get up & try again. There really is nothing like having EXACTLY the tank you want because you designed & built it. Dry the area off, ;) go buy some new materials & have at it again.

Quite a few acrylics primers around may want to read up on those before attempting another tank. Also would suggest 1/4" cast instead of the home depot window acrylic for looks and ease to work with. Also with 1/4" on that size you could eliminate the bracing.

Archived