Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PHOTO Time (LOTS)...

outcastjra

outcastjra

Hello to All!

I have taken some photos today that are not half bad.

Plus I need to up my posts, so here is my tank with some photos!

I have a AP24 with PC lighting, Upgraded with 2 Fans, and I have three internal pumps!

Before I post the pics, I understand I am going to take on some crap about my clam under the PC's...

I got the clam for cheap back in Apr, and its doing GREAT. With that said I am ready for the crap! LOL...

Also there are a lot of new Zoo Frags I got this weekend. And with the new Rock layout, some are still closed.

I might want to point out I am big into Zoo right now, so there will be a lot of pics with them!

Enough typing, enjoy the pics and tell me what you think!

Thanks

Take note of my Ghetto Frag Tray...

81498155.phEZmRkm.jpg

81501041.1iXh7gg0.jpg

Zoo Time!!!

81500006.Z0MgpiwB.jpg

81500060.iVwYU8PQ.jpg

81500068.pB8NOptD.jpg

81500093.uqSBVGs4.jpg

81500115.OqASaS39.jpg

81500262.bXVs7dfB.jpg

From the Top Shots

81500369.HMlBl1db.jpg

81500387.oJ8z40wv.jpg

Ghetto Frag Tray Shots

81500469.DuSk0MIQ.jpg

81500554.OtynGeSh.jpg

Some Rics

81500747.zeJVWcgB.jpg

81500863.iDFMi1Gc.jpg

And a Feather Duster

81499842.O864j8q0.jpg

That is a lot of Pics.

I have a full Web Blog with the tank from start to date! Please have a look.

You may need to refresh this page to see all the Pics!!!

Thanks for viewing!

Joel

http://www.pbase.com/outcastjra/saltwater_tank

outcastjra
...errr... I don't see pics.

Really? I do with no problem. Hit refresh, or go back and try again...

There are a TON Of photos here....

you either need to re-size them(pics), or host them on a site like photobucket or here that will do it for you. pics aren't working

outcastjra
x3

I don't know why... Could there be too many photos?

Or could it be the internet connection some of you are using?

Click back, and then click again.

It shows just fine for some, but not for others.

There is a link at the bottom of the tread with all Photos from start to today!

Have a look at that!

Thanks

Joel

the person who said they could see it was being a smart a$$. see my post above.

p.s. your sig link doesn't work either

But the link in your first post DOES work...what a super photo documentation of a lovely tank!

Please don't take offense at our comments--we just love to see pictures! And yes, I did try refreshing the page more than once before giving up. Perhaps you could pm someone for help with the posting? It's something a lot of us had trouble with at first as well...

--Diane

EL CHUPACABRA

Looking good Joel!!!

Almost all of the zoos you have look pretty familiar, you know since I grew most of them :D . I am glad you are liking your tank, it is coming along really well, I dig the aquascaping. It pays to be a EL CHUPACABRA local, I will always always try to hook you up with cheap frags, because what goes around comes around.

My tank has made some progress since you were last over, I just need to finish off a few more things and leak test it. Maybe it will be up and running by the time you stop by next; I finally got all my stuff moved over today just need to unpack... I should be posting stuff on ebay towards the end of the week. At the rate your going this tank will be at max compacity before the corals have any time to grow out, then we will have to make you your very own super clean display. Let me know if you ever have any questions or need a part or a specific coral and I will just throw it on one of my orders. You should do that MH (metal halide) upgrade... I will talk to you about it next time and show you photobucket so the nanonites don't b*tch. Good luck, keep in touch... CHUPA

Oh yeah and which ones are the new zoos you keep telling me about?

Darklyte24

i hope this is a established tank? Day 14 with Clowns, Snails, and Crabs...

i hope the grim fish reaper dosnt come visit

i hope this is a established tank? Day 14 with Clowns, Snails, and Crabs...

i hope the grim fish reaper dosnt come visit

let him be....tons of people jump the gun. Maybe you should lesson him about the clam he has in there...

outcastjra
let him be....tons of people jump the gun. Maybe you should lesson him about the clam he has in there...

LOL... Here comes the experts to tell me all that is wrong?

Well, the reaper has not claimed any lives from my tank... I have not had nothing put success!

As for the clam, its doing great. I know they are no suppose to do well under PC's, but this clam I got for cheap and has been growing and doing good. With that said, I'm starting to think clams are okay under PC's.

I've read back in the day there were only PC's and they were fine for a long time... So I am still open minded.

But if you were worried about the fish, you would see in that photo blog that they are still alive and doing great!

I even have them hand feeding! I might have jumped the gun with this tank, but I have not lost anything in doing so... Could it be luck, or could it be I did something right? You can be the judge!!!

Thanks for posting!

Joel

LOL... Here comes the experts to tell me all that is wrong?

Well, the reaper has not claimed any lives from my tank... I have not had nothing put success!

As for the clam, its doing great. I know they are no suppose to do well under PC's, but this clam I got for cheap and has been growing and doing good. With that said, I'm starting to think clams are okay under PC's.

I've read back in the day there were only PC's and they were fine for a long time... So I am still open minded.

But if you were worried about the fish, you would see in that photo blog that they are still alive and doing great!

I even have them hand feeding! I might have jumped the gun with this tank, but I have not lost anything in doing so... Could it be luck, or could it be I did something right? You can be the judge!!!

Thanks for posting!

Joel

Hah, i was joking. I really dont care if you fish live or die at all, i was just poking fun at the guy before me. Anywhoooooo......I am also a supporter of the clams and PCs are okay idea. i dunno about stock aquapod lighting...but whatever floats your boat. i have kept clams under pcs more than once....no problems. ive also cycled tanks with fish! so like i said...no grief from me...keep rockin!

Oh and btw.... metal halides came before PC's :D

outcastjra

Cool,

So it seems that it may not be a case of luck...

It does not sound right to me that you have to wait 1 or 2 months to cycle a tank.

I mean if you have a new clean tank, Live Sand, Lots of Live Rock, and good water... Then I'm thinking a week will work. Add a couple fish and if they live, well then you are good to go. I don't think I can look at a empty tank for a few weeks. That's just me. Thanks for the lesson on lighting I read it the other way around. Before my time in any case! LOL...

Some people on these forums takes this Hobby way too serious. I mean if it does not work and a fish or clam dies, its not that big of a deal... LOL... Find the mistake and fix it before it costs you more money. Don't get me wrong I have spent a lot of time, money, and effort on my tank not to love it. All I am saying to the die hards out there, its not too big of a deal. Lets hear what others have to say about this.

Keeping in mind I started it in Apr, and its now Jul with zero problems!

I'm glad I did not stare at a empty tanking wishing for fish and coral's for many weeks!

LOL....

Joel

Cool,

So it seems that it may not be a case of luck...

It does not sound right to me that you have to wait 1 or 2 months to cycle a tank.

I mean if you have a new clean tank, Live Sand, Lots of Live Rock, and good water... Then I'm thinking a week will work. Add a couple fish and if they live, well then you are good to go. I don't think I can look at a empty tank for a few weeks. That's just me. Thanks for the lesson on lighting I read it the other way around. Before my time in any case! LOL...

Some people on these forums takes this Hobby way too serious. I mean if it does not work and a fish or clam dies, its not that big of a deal... LOL... Find the mistake and fix it before it costs you more money. Don't get me wrong I have spent a lot of time, money, and effort on my tank not to love it. All I am saying to the die hards out there, its not too big of a deal. Lets hear what others have to say about this.

Keeping in mind I started it in Apr, and its now Jul with zero problems!

I'm glad I did not stare at a empty tanking wishing for fish and coral's for many weeks!

LOL....

Joel

Looks like you have it all figured out. They other way people do it is just a conspiracy. I't a big joke that people play on the noobs. That thing about tangs needing a big tank... phhhh... they are like betas... any puddle will do. Lighting? ha...look at the box on any aquarium when you buy it... that thing is full of fish and coral with stock lighting - they just don't want you to know. Cycle smykle - it's senseless.

THEY ARE JUST TRYING TO KEEP THE MAN DOWN!!!

You want to know who shot JR? I'll tell you who shot JR!

Archived