Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PHOTO Time (LOTS)...

outcastjra

Darklyte24

im not joking. I just like to see the fish live. as many and myself have had the experience of fish dying because a tank was not established yet and just hope people dont rush things.

joel sandoman

Probably you just got lucky and bought cured LR and had a fast cycle. Luck doesn't let fish live in bad water.

outcastjra
Probably you just got lucky and bought cured LR and had a fast cycle. Luck doesn't let fish live in bad water.

Correct the 30 to 40 pounds of live rock was cured, the live sand was new, the water was new, the tank was new, and I bought new light bulbs for it... So its not a matter of luck that my fish made it. Its a matter of water changes and tests. I am not saying everyone in the fish world is wrong with the whole cycling thing. I am just saying there are other ways that are safe for the fish to cycle the tank faster. That is the only part of this process I took a short cut. I added fish in 2 weeks. And they made it all right! I'm kinda surprised I have not got more feedback about the clam! That is the one thing that gets people fired up!!! PC's and a Clam.....The MADNESS... LOL.... Some people have missed my point all around, so I will spell it out again for them-

There is more than one was to set a tank up and have no problems! You don't have to wait 2 or 3 months to start!

My next point is- Some people really take this hobby to seriuos! And when these people with mild or serious OCD see something different, they cannot accept something different!

So yes I had fish in my tank at the 14 day mark, and yes I have a clam under PC's...

Are these really a sin in the fish hobby?

Am I the only guy that feels this way? Have others done the same type of things without problems?

I would like to hear your stories!

Thanks for viewing!

Correct the 30 to 40 pounds of live rock was cured, the live sand was new, the water was new, the tank was new, and I bought new light bulbs for it... So its not a matter of luck that my fish made it. Its a matter of water changes and tests. I am not saying everyone in the fish world is wrong with the whole cycling thing. I am just saying there are other ways that are safe for the fish to cycle the tank faster. That is the only part of this process I took a short cut. I added fish in 2 weeks. And they made it all right! I'm kinda surprised I have not got more feedback about the clam! That is the one thing that gets people fired up!!! PC's and a Clam.....The MADNESS... LOL.... Some people have missed my point all around, so I will spell it out again for them-

There is more than one was to set a tank up and have no problems! You don't have to wait 2 or 3 months to start!

My next point is- Some people really take this hobby to seriuos! And when these people with mild or serious OCD see something different, they cannot accept something different!

So yes I had fish in my tank at the 14 day mark, and yes I have a clam under PC's...

Are these really a sin in the fish hobby?

Am I the only guy that feels this way? Have others done the same type of things without problems?

I would like to hear your stories!

Thanks for viewing!

I cycled my current reef with a fish...not by choice but i had to put him somewhere. i cycled with a tomato clown. he was happy as a clam (no pun intended) untill i sold him to the LFS for a frag of zoas. but i totally agree with you, some people are too uptight. do it your own way man.

outcastjra
I cycled my current reef with a fish...not by choice but i had to put him somewhere. i cycled with a tomato clown. he was happy as a clam (no pun intended) untill i sold him to the LFS for a frag of zoas. but i totally agree with you, some people are too uptight. do it your own way man.

Cool another person that has a open mind about this hobby.

Thanks for your input and I'm happy you did not lose anything from doing it your way!

Archived