Cultivated Reef

name these Zoas!

diggman08

I bought this premium live rock. and looky what opened up after while.. about 40 of these zoas. does any one know what type they are...and there is on on the top with a green center.

DSC00320.jpg

They look like brown zoanthids to me. Zombie eyes are blood red. Nice find though, maybe they'll color up some once they've been in the tank for a while :)

I've had those before. No clue what there called but I got like 5 rocks of em (not sure why yet...) at DLC.

Mine never got prettier :(

by the way MDETH your tank looks great.

thanks..i agree. thats them. there is also a single one within these Kedds , that has a undefined green center. ill post up pic tom.

I think they look like Raspberry Redd so there you have it. They are maybe Raspberry Redd zombie eyed brown frank tim kedd redd jesus zoanthids but if you squint just right there are about 5 other morphs on zoaid that might be applied also.

^^^ Must be a difference in monitor settings--they look a pretty maroonish, brick-red-ish, rose-ish color combo to me. Very attractive.

--Diane

well they dont look like Kedd's reds to me at all....You would know if they were fedd's reds....Your jaw would drop

i dunno, here is another one that is a loner on top of the same rock, i dont know what kind this is either.

DSC00360.jpg

Thanks for the compliment :)

I'll have to get a more recent FTS...but everything got crazy...I'm almost at max capacity coral-wise (physically).

Anywho. I doubt you'll ever get a name :( But be happy that they aren't brown :)

What fish (if any) you plan on stocking ?

Archived