Pod Your Reef

Criticize me!

dasstheboss

I vote Iwasaki 15k all the way you'll be set for just about any coral. I am setting up a 40b with a homemade lumenarc and an Iwasaki 15k which is in the mail. I've seen these bulbs in person and must tell you though if you like the blue look your going to need actinic supp. there color is white with a hint of blue. And it's also best to run these bulbs on elctronic ballasts as it bumps up the ppfd around 15 points.

dasstheboss

I updated my list; check it out.

If i want a dense aquascape "queen of aquascape", how much LR would i need? Is around 125lbs. enough, too little, or too much?

Also, how about my fish; could i keep more or am i fixed?

seahorsedreams
I updated my list; check it out.

If i want a dense aquascape "queen of aquascape", how much LR would i need? Is around 125lbs. enough, too little, or too much?

*in my best Helfrich’s Chick's voice*

Depends on what type of rock you are buying... some are denser and heavier than others. You will get a lot more rock "space-wise" with kalini then ya will with Fuiji. Tonga tends to be inbetween.

dasstheboss

If i buy any type of live rock, do they vary in how long they take to grow coraline on them?

I also need advice; until now i used only Fiji because i thought it was the best all-round rock. What is actually the best type of live that is really light, porous, not expenise like $10 per lb. and will be covered by coraling easily?

Also, could you provide me with a list of good live rock dealers? I dont want any boxed warehouse shipments!

dasstheboss

I redid my fish list again cus i didnt like the aggressive nature of yellow tangs:

1. Purple Firefish

2. True Percula Clownfish

2. Black and White Ocellaris Clownfish

3. Royal Gramma Basslet

4. Blue Neon Goby

5. (7) Black and White Chromis

6. Blue Tang

7. Green Mandarin

It totals up to 14 fish, would that be too much for a 75G? I can upgrade the tank to a 120 if possible os i can have more fish. Check out my other topic if interested; its about building tanks.

dasstheboss

I tried this list out to see how much it came out to and seemed a bit too much. Now, i am curious to which corners i can cut.

I am thinking of going with T-5s now since they will be cheaper. I can get a 4x fixture for under $250, this way i can save big time instead of spending over $400 on halide. Also, i was thinknig about going hang-on and then adding a hang-on fuge later if i need one for my mandarin. Is this a bad idea or would i be ok without a sump on a 75G reef.

Just to mae the ivestock a bit cheaper, i have taken out some of the fish that i didnt like. Now i have decided on:

Whitecheek tang

2x percula clown

royal gramma

green mandarin

I will probably go with the typhoon skimmer and hang it on the back and also get a hang-on fuge and put it on the back as well.

Archived