SaltCritters.com

not sure if I have enough lighting for my 6gal

82SC

deacon hemp
Originally posted by 82SC

oh and anyone have a good suggestions as to the combinations of bulbs I should run?

I think u should go with 3-10000k,the combo bulb u have and the rest attinic but i would test to get the color u like.

I wouldn't switch tanks,my nano's a year old and i love the old tank look!just splash gaurd your hood and your good to go and maybe a fan.

Is this thread for real?

If it is, you need to rip all those little lights out and build yourself a decent hood with fans a PC and a 150W HQI MH. What you have in the photo is an extremely dangerous electrical mess that can be used against you in a court of law in the event that your house burns down due to a fire starting in your hood.

On second thought, buy a premanufactured hood as you obviously don't know what you're doing when it comes to wiring.

82SC-

Although there is alot of ****ing going on in this thread, I decided to reply anyways :) Hopefully everyone is doing it safely tho.

Anyways, you need to really evaluate your current lighting setup. It is unsafe and is a fire hazard. You have wasted more money by trying to save it, when instead you could have done it cheaper in the first place.

Also, if you are posting here - you are looking for opinions and insight. As you have found out, everyone here has an opinion whether you like it or not. Most everyone speaks their mind and that is something you need to get over. Simple rule, if you post - prepeare for criticizm in any form. That goes with anything.

My suggestion? Replace the setup/hood whatever and do it right the first time. If you don't know what to do, read a few pasts posts or do a search from the link above.

Open your mind or you won't stand a chance here.

I am a retard

i can tell by the way you put all that crpa in your hood withoiut knowing anything

All of our Corals are picking up the Bad Vibes. (My Zoos and Xenia Closed up after reading this thread). It might be better to send all the negativity to PM's and keep the Good helpful info on the Threads.

82SC:

I could Imagine it would be frustrating that after buying all the lights to hear that it will not work. If you were to Stay with Four, The Bookworms may be a good, fireless way to go. Though for your clams and SPS's MH is definitely the way to go.

However, if you care to keep your exisiting set up a suggestion is to get some T-12 Flourescent Tube covers to use as splash gaurds. I would be very sure that all the wiring is completely covered, no matter what you do.

thanks for all your responses....(the helpful ones)

yes I think the lighting setup is a bit of overkill...I think I am trying to do too much with too little...

I may just have to upgrade to a larger tank and do a proper light setup...

These are all great selection and I will prob make this setup safe and start planning for a much larger tank...

Archived