Innovative Marine Aquariums

What Is My New Fish?

melloyellow

Originally posted by GobyHead

you need another hobby other then waiting online to jump on people who are new to the hobby.  

... Get away from the computer and do a water change!

you registered today so as to.....

Sorry, gobyhead, you missed the point. What's wrong with some advice if we notice she did something wrong? It's not us who have thumbs in our rear ends.

Impulse buying is the worst thing in this hobby. We should all do what we can here to discourage it.

Please, the last thing that anyone wanted to do here was just give advice. It seems pretty cut and dry to me that some people here just wanted to shake up the newbie. It's all pretty pathetic to me really. Advice usually contains helpful information, not rude,snide comments thrown out to make yourself look like a tough guy.

All i am saying is next time, learn how to be more helpful with your advice rather then comming off with a negative tone from the get go! Educating someone will go alot further to help the hobby then making someone uncomfortable to ask questions here! Just don't come out and say someone is an irresponsible person. that is just ignorant. as well as this whole paragraph chufa:

"OH, that's right. If you knew it was a pikeblenny, why the hell did you ask? I

answered your question correctly, and then you act like an @ss. And can't you

tell a rant from a piece of advice? You obviously stink like a newbie. You'll find

here tons of good advice that can make you quite successful, but with that

ungrateful and stupid attitude, you are not going to get very far my friend."

Deadlykorean
Originally posted by ajroahkni

Which leads us to "Deadly Korean" - probably the sweetest, huggable, charitable, peaceful Korean person on this planet.

:P  

Sorry, back to work now...

lol

I dont bite i swear.

GobyHead, you too seem overly sensitive. I got mad because I answer a question and give some advice and got back some silly ungrateful attitude. I did not expect her to bend down and kiss my toes, but if you give some attitude, you get some back.

exactly, "if you give some attitude, you get some back." In melloyellow's first posts, there was NO attitude, just a simple question. You my friend started your first reply with a cocky attitude. Just plain uncalled for.. The Instigator attitude gets you know where my friend. Just an observation of course.

I am not oversensitive to any of this. It just bugs me when new people are turned away from learning the hobby by those who have nothing better to do but give the wrong type of criticism. Helping is fine, that is what these boards are designed for, but talking down is an ignorant mind trick to make ones self feel above at least one person.

"If I could, chay-yeaheheeeeehhhhhhjjj the world...."

---

Gobyhead, say that you're not any better or above Chufa.

Chufa, do one of those Macauley Caulkin "YESSSS" moves in front of your computer screen - then type a thank you to GobyHead.

---

Personally, I don't think anyone would be turned away from any hobby just because of a shootdown on a post. If you're a person that does, you are most certainly a loser in life with a long track record of quitting. It's better for fish and chickens that you stopped when you did.

You're both taking this stuff waaay too seriously. Where's the original poster? She's looking at her fish, loving it, and enjoying a kernel of an epiphany of truth and love.

---

Thank you all for allowing me this one moment in life to exercise an ignorant mind trick to make myself above at least two other people.

Love you,

John

Not too long ago I was a newbie and got flamed myself (by guess who...). Still here. Guess I have thicker skin. The guy who flamed me turned out to be one of the most useful sources of information here. I'm not rying to be like him at all, I don't think I flamed anybody before for on-topic subjects, but some irresponsible acts, such as impulse buying, sould be pointed out clearly and fought.

Well since GobyHead is coming from the same connection as mellowyellow, this argument is kind of silly.

that was unethical use of a message board. And just as "yellowhead" was saying about an ignorant mind trick...

Archived