Coral Vue Hydros

10g ALL UP IN YOUR GRILL SON

Diskusting

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect, great fuge and excellent water flow made by the ac70. Are you lighting the fuge? Thinak about getting the AC surface skimming adaptor. Are you protein skimming?

Diskusting
Perfect, great fuge and excellent water flow made by the ac70. Are you lighting the fuge? Thinak about getting the AC surface skimming adaptor. Are you protein skimming?

I have a 10w 6500k Mini Coralife PC bulb over the Fuge. No skimmer.

I got some new frags today. 2 Zoa Frags that are the same. Green and brown. I also got a Green Spottet single mushroom. I put it in a shot glass to attach it to a piece of rock.

newfrags2004.jpg

newfrags2003.jpg

newfrags2002.jpg

I have a major problem though. My Green star polyp hasnt come out in 2 days! It was perfectly healthy prior to this and the only diff is I moved it to a different part of the tank. heres a pic.

newfrags2005.jpg

Any Ideas whats wrong with it?

It maybe adjusting to the height or flow changes in that spot.

You might not want it on the rockwork anyway cause it will take over!

It maybe adjusting to the height or flow changes in that spot.

You might not want it on the rockwork anyway cause it will take over!

I wish it would take over I love the way it looks. I also wish I could find a store with purple mushrooms by me. I see them in everybodys tanks and I need some!

do you have any pictures of your lighting setup?

As requested...

Ftsupdatenewfrags008.jpg

I took some more pics and an FTS. I know it seems like I take an FTS every 2 sec but when Im done with my tank I want to have a progession slideshow.

2 polyps. Do these type of Zoas have a name?

Ftsupdatenewfrags003.jpg

The Purple mushroom finally atached itself and is just now starting to expand.

Ftsupdatenewfrags004.jpg

Right

Ftsupdatenewfrags007.jpg

Left

Ftsupdatenewfrags005.jpg

FTS

Ftsupdatenewfrags001.jpg

Nice tank from one Ohioan to another.

Aquarium Adventure and RMS both have decent reef selections, although I'll admit I've never made a reef related purchase from either store. AA is a little over priced though.

There's a really amazing store on the West side that I can't think of right now. If it comes to me I'll let you know.

I hate Aquarium Adventure, so expensive. I love RMS for supplies because they are well priced. I actually got the tank from there. But their Corals Are Limited. I havent seen any Zoas yet which is basically what im lookin for.

• 2 weeks later...
Diskusting

A little update.

My speckled mushroom finally opened up.

updatedclown009.jpg

And I have a question about my Bullseye. Is it about to split or is this just how they lay sometimes.

updatedclown008.jpg

And Last but not least I finally Got a Fish!

updatedclown001.jpg

Can anyone tell me if this is an Ocellaris or a True Perc. Store just had it labeled as "Clownfish"

Oh yeah I dont want to get an anemone for a 10g Because I dont know much about them. But Is there anything else that a clown will host that the coral wont retract if the clown does?

i would spray paint everything thats not "natural" black.

just run a temp HP as filtration for a week as the paint cures.

loving the coral line growth??? i am

2 Questions please

What is this brown plant, it keeps sprouting up everywhere and it is attached really good. Is there anything that eats this?

whatisthis002.jpg

And What happened to these zoas that made them this ugly white color. They were like this when I got them. will they regain color?

whatisthis001.jpg

I hate Aquarium Adventure, so expensive. I love RMS for supplies because they are well priced. I actually got the tank from there. But their Corals Are Limited. I havent seen any Zoas yet which is basically what im lookin for.

The AA in Columbus is crap for coral. They have a really nice SW selection, but I think the coral is boring and overpriced. If you're ever in Columbus, there's a really great all-SW/Reef shop on the east side, Phishy Business. It's a little on the expensive side too, but it's only because the pieces are to die for.

Do you have any problems with algae on the glass where the rock is piled up against it?

The AA in Columbus is crap for coral. They have a really nice SW selection, but I think the coral is boring and overpriced. If you're ever in Columbus, there's a really great all-SW/Reef shop on the east side, Phishy Business. It's a little on the expensive side too, but it's only because the pieces are to die for.

Do you have any problems with algae on the glass where the rock is piled up against it?

I have a little problem but not really. I mean it doesnt bother me but there is a little brown algae you get there. Barely any though. you can kind of see in the background of this pic.

updatedclown001.jpg

I got a new frag of xenia from the LFS yesterday for 15$. I thought it was a good deal. I know alot of people say that they grow like weeds but thats also what I was told about my GSP and that has barely grown.

xenia002.jpg

Archived