Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Finding Xanadu

fraggle rockette

fraggle rockette
I have more monti frags. o_-

ooh that reddish/orange kind u threw in? it was doing so well too!!! gah. i may grab other soon :happy:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I don't have that anymore, I have green w/purple rim. You can steal some of the reddish/orange from Matt that he somehow ended up with. I sold the colony to Quy and Matt bought it off of him.

I also have a hugeeeee green cap from accord that needs a fraggin'

accord86: You STILL have livestock?

fraggle rockette
Oh I don't have that anymore, I have green w/purple rim. You can steal some of the reddish/orange from Matt that he somehow ended up with. I sold the colony to Quy and Matt bought it off of him.

sweet. i'm for it- matt, watch out- better a corner "fall off" than the whole thing disappear, eh? ;)

I also have a hugeeeee green cap from accord that needs a fraggin'

accord86: You STILL have livestock?

i has a hammer :D

anywho, did some good damage at fraggle reef today. got another clam, a pistol/yasha combo (that shrimp is a loud little bugger too!!!) and some propeller palys/zoas that are an awesome silvery blue. will post pics as soon as the hangover ceases... lol. damn you israel!!!! hahaha. B)

fraggle rockette

well i haven't heard any pistol clicks in about an hour... i'm hoping he just made a burrow somewhere (prolly in the back- grrrr) and my aurora didn't make him into a tasty snack (since the little shrimp is about as big as the word in 12pt font-lol.) however, good news!!! the yasha is eating :D i'm not holding my breath, but... he seems to be acclimating a-okay. he's not scared either- just kind of hops around the sand bed chilling and staring at me funny. my fish are weird. lol. wish me luck- sure is purdy. :happy:

p.s. for those of you who are hardcore socal Craigslisters (like me) you may have seen the ATA ads from time to time. word to the wise: while the prices look good, there are stipulations that are unmentioned in the ads- mainly, $10 ricordias are brown, lower priced hammer/frogs are per branch, and most good prices are per polyp etc. (even tho the ad doesn't say this). i just happened to be in artesia last week and dropped by only to find these things out, but don't drive down there without that in mind. none the less, their ricordia collection is fab, but expect to pay top $$$. nice really hot pink yumas too- gorgeous (under 200k mh of course) but at $70-80+ a pop, not for me. sigh.

^^ yes beware!!!

i had a nice yasha before, would eat out of my hands and such. very very nice fish. however it jumped...even with all that liverock, pistol shrimp buddy, etc. good luck with yours

fraggle rockette
:o jumped? how deep was ur tank? mine just sits in the front on the sandbed and makes faces when i get too close. haven't seen the pistol tho- i thought i heard it earlier, but idk... could my aurora have eaten it? :huh:
:o jumped? how deep was ur tank? mine just sits in the front on the sandbed and makes faces when i get too close. haven't seen the pistol tho- i thought i heard it earlier, but idk... could my aurora have eaten it? :huh:

he was in the ap24, so exactly same as you. had a perfect cave, etc etc. i lost him and thought he was eaten, but i found him on the carpet many months later :huh:

Good to hear it's eating and well. :) Those prophead palys are SWEET!! I got some organisms too. The clam I got is pretty similar to the one that Andrew gave me, but bigger... lol! Oops! Anywho, I should have pics of it up later tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
fraggle rockette

hey everyone-

sorry for the lack of updates! things have been super hectic and my tank needs a serious re-arranging and glass scraping before any new FTS go up. but here are some good and not so good updates:

I lost both clams within a week or each other. i dont know if one was sick and the other caught it (since they were next to each other) but i was really sad. -_- params stayed okay- i did 2 WCs the next week and let the hermit crabs and everyone else go to town- waste not, want not, right?

I also lost my aurora goby about a month ago- not sure how, just know I went to get water and when I got back I opened the trunk of my car and he was lying there crustified ontop of my toolbag. :( lame! he never even swam high in the tank, so im not sure how he would've jumped and landed on the bucket (my only thoughts as to how he got in my trunk, but I never noticed him until too late... weird huh?)

I finally have figured out why my ATO wasn't working right- they should say on the label not to put the tubing below water level b/c of siphoning- lol. Will try and get that hooked up again now.

As for the other corals/fishies, everyone is fine. Even the tiny yasha has found a burrow, and comes out for food when i call him. :happy: i had a small zoa nudi outbreak in the main tank, no idea why, but it looks like it's under control. lesson learned- FW dip and QT anything in suspect. sigh.

Alright- will try and get a pic up in the next week or so!!! :D

Hey V I have a few frags you can have LMK if your interested.

I have purple shrooms, red ones, red with hot pink dots, sps frags uknown stuff lol , I have idaho grape , orange monti cap maybe some rics or yumas also

I finally have figured out why my ATO wasn't working right- they should say on the label not to put the tubing below water level b/c of siphoning- lol. Will try and get that hooked up again now.

As for the other corals/fishies, everyone is fine. Even the tiny yasha has found a burrow, and comes out for food when i call him. :happy: i had a small zoa nudi outbreak in the main tank, no idea why, but it looks like it's under control. lesson learned- FW dip and QT anything in suspect. sigh.

Alright- will try and get a pic up in the next week or so!!! :D

READ POST #50 OF MY THREAD!! ;)

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...p;#entry1161775

fraggle rockette
Hey V I have a few frags you can have LMK if your interested.

I have purple shrooms, red ones, red with hot pink dots, sps frags uknown stuff lol , I have idaho grape , orange monti cap maybe some rics or yumas also

sweet- i may be down for some rics, prolly not yumas, but have a lot of shrooms... lol... did u want to trade or are you doing all sps now?

lol i did! that's how i figured it out ;) i was like, um... duh. felt so retarded. (then again i did get an A- in physics in high school... lol.)

Archived