inTank Media Baskets

Finding Xanadu

fraggle rockette

Oooh, ok I just saw now! Did they lose any color? You can answer me in your thread, to not jam up V's about your tank. ;)

I will post some pics soon need to bum a camera off someone ( so depressing a photograpgher with out a digital camera :D )

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will post some pics soon need to bum a camera off someone ( so depressing a photograpgher with out a digital camera :D )

I have one I can sell you! But we can save that for PM's :P

fraggle rockette
Hey Fraggle!

I need help, and I'm hoping with your expertise, you might have some ideas...

The cyano in my tank is out of control. I bought some new snails and crabs the other day (one turbo showed up dead and after your thread I know why) but nothing seems to help. Ya know I redid all of my rocks on Sun. and cleaned them all, but now the cyano is all back plus it spurned an diatom bloom. I swear my tank is so ugly. Everything is covered in either hair algae, cyano or diatom.

Help!!!! :o

you know, i am lucky enough to have not dealt with this yet so am not sure what to suggest for you to do... it looks like you just might be having a mini-cycle again and will have to ride it out with water changes, shorter photo periods, and less food... get some astrea snails (they are loving any and all algea in my tank) and make sure to only use RODI water (preferably from the LFS since they seem to be more careful about testing etc. than the grocery store). suck up whatever algae you can with the turkey baster- it's gonna be a PITA, but i'm sure if you fight it it'll eventually go away... i hope. :)

a little more OT, i found a great new place for shroom growing in my prop tank. i've always had trouble with those little buggers flying around and falling behind stuff, but no more! now i drop them into (push them down in) the soapdish of cheato and a week later they emerge... not sure how it'll work in the long run, but they're loving it for now :happy:

fraggle rockette

i woke up this morning to grey skies and sadness... my little yellow clown goby was RIP. i was able to net the sweetie and give him his burial- i'm going to miss that acrobat. sleep well dear one. and a final playful pic from when he was alive:

IMG_6131.jpg

i woke up this morning to grey skies and sadness... my little yellow clown goby was RIP. i was able to net the sweetie and give him his burial- i'm going to miss that acrobat. sleep well dear one. and a final playful pic from when he was alive:

IMG_6131.jpg

:eek:

sorry to hear the sad news! :tears:

nanotrigger
you know, i am lucky enough to have not dealt with this yet so am not sure what to suggest for you to do... it looks like you just might be having a mini-cycle again and will have to ride it out with water changes, shorter photo periods, and less food... get some astrea snails (they are loving any and all algea in my tank) and make sure to only use RODI water (preferably from the LFS since they seem to be more careful about testing etc. than the grocery store). suck up whatever algae you can with the turkey baster- it's gonna be a PITA, but i'm sure if you fight it it'll eventually go away... i hope. :)

a little more OT, i found a great new place for shroom growing in my prop tank. i've always had trouble with those little buggers flying around and falling behind stuff, but no more! now i drop them into (push them down in) the soapdish of cheato and a week later they emerge... not sure how it'll work in the long run, but they're loving it for now :happy:

you can also use a turkey baster to suck up all the cyano. you might have an area with not enough flow. cyano usually grows in low flow areas.

i have my pistol and goby moving my sand all the time. and i have a red foot snail that eats everything!

fraggle rockette

hey guys-

sorry i've been mia recently... graduating and finding a job are a lot of work, you know! (plus, i technically don't own a computer yet so have been hitting up kinkos and as much as i love NR, 25 cents a minute is a little too much to surf the threads. agh.) but i've managed to borrow a laptop from a friend who had an extra lying around (until my new one comes in :)) so it's all good. will post pics and stuff at some point soon, and will be fragging some corals soon as well for $$$- rent is due all too soon and it looks like i'm gonna be busting it selling stuff or coming up short. sigh. the real world is tough, even if i do get to eat candy for breakfast. :P

fraggle rockette

p.s. for those of you who are hardcore socal Craigslisters (like me) you may have seen the ATA ads from time to time. word to the wise: while the prices look good, there are stipulations that are unmentioned in the ads- mainly, $10 ricordias are brown, lower priced hammer/frogs are per branch, and most good prices are per polyp etc. (even tho the ad doesn't say this). i just happened to be in artesia last week and dropped by only to find these things out, but don't drive down there without that in mind. none the less, their ricordia collection is fab, but expect to pay top $$$. nice really hot pink yumas too- gorgeous (under 200k mh of course) but at $70-80+ a pop, not for me. sigh.

Sorry about your loss! That sucks!!! Thanks for the great advise. I'm having other troubles now though...

I went all apesh!t in my tank last week and I think I'm seein the results. I really made a mess last week trying to get at all the cyano. I came home today after being gone last night and found a hermit and a small mushroom that had been a problem, had finally eaten it. And one of my best rics and brain look bad. They are both spitting guts and their color is off.

Congrats on graduating! I think you can really be dubbed one of the most dedicated reefers being that you are on such a tight budget as a student with bills, no in home computer, and you still manage to get out there to search out the good deals and let us know about it!!!

Good luck on the job search!!

Veronica, I'm in the market for new livestock for sure!! BTW, of the 2 zoa frags that survived the move, your's was one of them! B) Anywho, congrats on graduation and best of luck on the job hunting!

Ring me up when you need some RO/DI. ;)

fraggle rockette
Veronica, I'm in the market for new livestock for sure!! BTW, of the 2 zoa frags that survived the move, your's was one of them! B)

yeah that's cause my frags are east LA g's... B) now if i could just teach those lazy punks to do something besides sit in the tank all day, like pay rent! lol. sigh. might be having a $5 sale soon- looks like I'm short this month :P

nanotrigger
yeah that's cause my frags are east LA g's... B) now if i could just teach those lazy punks to do something besides sit in the tank all day, like pay rent! lol. sigh. might be having a $5 sale soon- looks like I'm short this month :P

woo what are you going to sell?

fraggle rockette
woo what are you going to sell?

well currently it looks like a leather (those ones that look like asparagus but are more whitish) as well as a green and purple fuzzy mushroom (love those things) and some zoas and whatev else i can find that's taking up room in my tank. hopefully i'll have time to take pics and post by the weekend, but socal gets it first and then shipping after that (just too much $ and hassle for now).

on a side note, I worry about the levelness of my tank now that everyone's are breaking. :huh: agh. but when i check it with a level on all sides, the bubble is in between the lines. is that good enough, or does there need to be more precision? thoughts? thanks!

reeferman-chris
well currently it looks like a leather (those ones that look like asparagus but are more whitish) as well as a green and purple fuzzy mushroom (love those things) and some zoas and whatev else i can find that's taking up room in my tank. hopefully i'll have time to take pics and post by the weekend, but socal gets it first and then shipping after that (just too much $ and hassle for now).

on a side note, I worry about the levelness of my tank now that everyone's are breaking. :huh: agh. but when i check it with a level on all sides, the bubble is in between the lines. is that good enough, or does there need to be more precision? thoughts? thanks!

Oooooh ooooh oooh... I want some fuzz shrooms! Lemme know if/ when you want to sell them

It should be fine if it's physically level. Between the lines is good enough. My tank on the otherhand, I cut out a "2.5 x "22 piece of "3/4 inch thick plywood from some stock I have, to put under the front of my stand because I erroniously put the stand up to the wall (about a half inch space from it) but apparently the back feet are still partially on the hump over where the carpet tackboard is against the wall. :( So the tank is leaning a little forward making me nervous. That and it's causing water to leak from the front from under the frame because the level is too high at the front but lower in the back... :scarry:

Save me some shroomies!! :D

fraggle rockette
Save me some shroomies!! :D

no worries! the red ones u wanted are finally growing back :D but ill see what i can find... just sliced some supermans too :happy: (i think that's what they are, red and blue)

no worries! the red ones u wanted are finally growing back :D but ill see what i can find... just sliced some supermans too :happy: (i think that's what they are, red and blue)

Oooh sweet! No rush though. :)

fraggle rockette
I have your green slimer.

How's the digi, and acan?

sweet! green slimer! :D

(and u told me it was a surprise and i'd have to wait! lol.)

the digi is looking fab- i see a new bump on the side poking its way out, and i've got full polyp extension every day. (lost the monticap frag tho... sniff. just grew fast and then receeded on itself all the sudden- idk.) oh and the acan is the hungriest little bugger i've ever seen, but oh so pretty. i'll post pics at some point w better close ups :happy:

nanotrigger
sweet! green slimer! :D

(and u told me it was a surprise and i'd have to wait! lol.)

the digi is looking fab- i see a new bump on the side poking its way out, and i've got full polyp extension every day. (lost the monticap frag tho... sniff. just grew fast and then receeded on itself all the sudden- idk.) oh and the acan is the hungriest little bugger i've ever seen, but oh so pretty. i'll post pics at some point w better close ups :happy:

my monti just came back... i checked my cal and found it was too low so i dosed it and it looks like it's coming back....if you have anything left to sell pm me...

Archived