Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Eclipse 3 Nano-reef Feasibility

gerwerken

I have an eclipse 3 that I am thinking of turning into a nano...do any of you have pics of how to install the 2 to 3 book worm lights in the hood. I can go to my local Lowes and get book worms for $14.95 each. I would be interested in 2 or 3, depending how they fit. I know I would definitly want to use the stock hood but just retro the book worms in it.

Pics would be appreciated!

gustavo1999

Due increased temperatures, I removed Eclipse 3 hood altogether. I just balanced my two book worm lights on the cross bar of the Eclipse filter assembly and it seems to work fine.

Damn, looks like I won't be apart of the eclipse 3 club, because I will NOT do the upgrade lights if I can't use the stock hood to cover them!

Oh well.......unless some of you have an idea or pics showing the upgraded light with the stock hood!

You should definitely be able to fit two bookworms under the hood if you're not using the HOT filter. If you are, you can fit one in there for sure. Not sure about two.

An alternative to bookworms is to use the Coralife 50/50 compacts that have a standard bulb socket.

Lastly, a small fan mounted in the hood should be able to keep temps in check.

Ok, thats more like it. I do not plan on using the filter that comes with it....with a mini penguin fit?

I was planning on two but three would have been nice, but two is plenty.

ELGORDOINAVW

hey, i went to the paperdirect and lowes website and i can't find the bookworms. can anyone tell me where to navigate to on the website?

Elgor....I just found them on Lowes.com myself. One the search field on the left hand side, type Bayco.

Then go to Trouble/Shop_Lights...they are listed in there.

what are bookworm lights?

i went to ahsupply.com bought two 13 watt kits and mounted them both under one reflector. it fit with some cutting to the reflector. theres plenty of room with the HOT filter still there as well. 26 watts is pretty bright for a 3 gallon!

Archived