Kombucha

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the scaping.

Looks dope!

Thanks! It took a lot of rearranging to get it too this point. :D

^ Thanks guys! :D

I put my true perc in this tank sunday night so I thought it was best to find another one ASAP in hopes that they would pair up. Well I found one along with a Flame Hawkfish. After acclimating the perc my other perc decided to be a bit of a bully and chase him around the tank. Well they seem to be getting along a little better today. How about a few more pics?

My new True Perc hiding in the cave :happy:

TruePercs.jpg

Flame Hawkfish - I just :wub: this guy!

FlameHawkfish.jpg

Modified Cadlights tank lid

TankLid.jpg

How I modified it incase anyone is wondering: The tank lid is two pieces of glass joined by a flexible black plastic piece of h channel. The h channel allows one to lift up the front lid and place their hand in the tank without removing the whole lid. This really only works if you have a hand the sized of a 1st grader! :) When the lid is on it is maybe 1/4 inch away from the HQI bulbs and gets extremely hot in the matter of minutes. I'm not to thrilled in the amount of heat this lid will trap in my tank not-to-mention the pain it is to remove everytime I want to get in my tank . I decided to pull the front peice of glass out of the h channel (very easy to do) and just place in on the front allowing the tank to stay a bit cooler. One could easily just place a piece of cardboard on the front lip and trace the front lip. Then cut a piece out of glass! :)

looking nice. I took a piece of light grid and cut it just like you cut the glass. Works well and does not look bad at all. Love the colony of zoo too. awsome. I would say take your time entering the cadlight contest. :-)

what camera are you using?

looking nice. I took a piece of light grid and cut it just like you cut the glass. Works well and does not look bad at all. Love the colony of zoo too. awsome. I would say take your time entering the cadlight contest. :-)

what camera are you using?

I didn't cut that glass. It's the front piece of glass from my cadlights lid! ;)

Take my time? :huh:

Oh I'm using a Canon A540.

dood, that zoa colony is HUGE! the hawkfish is looking pretty sweet.

did you see a big temp spike with the lid? not sure if i want to get one for my tank. -_-

The take your time comment was a joke. Your tank looks really nice, and I just did not want the competition, BC your tank looks like a winner to me.

dood, that zoa colony is HUGE! the hawkfish is looking pretty sweet.

did you see a big temp spike with the lid? not sure if i want to get one for my tank. -_-

It's a nice colony for $55 eh? :lol: I noticed a temp spike on my 5gallon with T5 blubs so I can imagine there would be a huge temp spike with HQI bulbs.

The take your time comment was a joke. Your tank looks really nice, and I just did not want the competition, BC your tank looks like a winner to me.

oh, thanks lot Ryan! B)

Flame Hawkfish

FlameHawkfish.jpg

I found this guy laying upside down on my sandbed and being eating by my crabs tonight when I got home from work. RIP little buddy! :tears:

Man, that really sucks about your Hawkfish, I really liked him!

Are you gonna get another one?

I like the way the tank looks after you added everything from your 5g.

Keep it up!

Man, that really sucks about your Hawkfish, I really liked him!

Are you gonna get another one?

I like the way the tank looks after you added everything from your 5g.

Keep it up!

I want to get another one, but I'm in no hurry really to spend another $50 on one at the moment. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Nice tank, I ordered the exact setup, how does that catalina water treat you?

Thanks! I think you'll really like it! I really like to use the pre-mixed water, it's a little pricey but worth it IMO. I only bought the 5gallon boxes when I started out this tank. Now I take empty gallon jugs to my LFS and pay a little over $1 a gallon to get them filled.

MarvinsReef

ouch.. sorry to hear about the Flame Hawk... it's always hard to lose a fish.. just lost my Lineatus the past weekend when I was out of town... :(

ouch.. sorry to hear about the Flame Hawk... it's always hard to lose a fish.. just lost my Lineatus the past weekend when I was out of town... :(

yeah it sux. But onto the good news! I'm a daddy! :eek:

PPEBabyPolyp.jpg

thanks guys. I did the usual quick tank look over this morning before I left for work and I sware I saw another little polyp forming on the other side too! omgomgomg

MarvinsReef
thanks guys. I did the usual quick tank look over this morning before I left for work and I sware I saw another little polyp forming on the other side too! omgomgomg

that's normal... ;)

congrats man... always awesome too see these guys thrive in friend's tanks... :)

that's normal... ;)

congrats man... always awesome too see these guys thrive in friend's tanks... :)

oh! :huh: I didn't know that! :lol: They seem to be happy along with the micros! Now once I start following your seachem dosing schedule (next week) i'm sure they're really be happy! :)

• 7 months later...

Archived