ReefCleaners.org

My Cadlight 25g Project

TR3XX

thanks!

i decided to take the cheato out since i didn't have any room for it. i think my weekly water changes will be enough to compensate for the lack of the cheato. :]

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great TanK! I have a 25G also got it back in Dec.

Couple of questions:

1) Just wondering how you like the light over the fuge, I am thinking of switching to make some room for a 2 fan unit instead of 1?

2) How do you like the fan; I assume that the 2 fan unit?

3) Stock pump?

thanks jgiordano.

to answer your question....

1. I took the T5 lighting for the fuge because it was getting in the way of my skimmer.

2. I was using the Azoo fan from DFS which worked great. I recently got a JBJ Nano Chiller so the fan is no longer in use. The fans were able to keep my temps at a steady 78-79 but evaporation was quite high, imo. around 3/4 gallons a day. With the chiller installed, I'm topping off about 1 gallon every 4 days. :)

3. Yes, I'm using the stock pump along with a Koralia #2 powerhead.

• 3 weeks later...

hi everyone,

some sad news. i had to get rid of my pistol shrimp because he was eating all my CUC. :( i had to take my entire tank apart in order to catch him.

the good news is i took the opportunity to redo my aquascape. i think it turned out better than before. let me know what you guys think.

i also added a few new pieces from zoafrag.com :]

diablos

IMG_3632.jpg

true blues

IMG_3565.jpg

gpe

IMG_3564.jpg

soul pilgrims

IMG_3562.jpg

ppe blasto merletti

IMG_3561.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Duuude! I love it now! I mean, it looked pretty good before, but now its amazing! I can't wait to get one of these Cadlights and get my reef started.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My tank just turned 1 yr old so I've decided to post some pics of the progress. Enjoy...

Before

IMG_3196.jpg

After

_MG_1337.jpg

_MG_1284.jpg

_MG_1283.jpg

_MG_1334.jpg

_MG_1314.jpg

_MG_1305.jpg

_MG_1310.jpg

_MG_1307.jpg

_MG_1324.jpg

TTank is looking even more awesome than when I saw it! B) The NC I bought from you has grown 3 babies since, I'm excited!!

thanks for the compliments everyone. it's been a fun and time consuming journey,,,worth it though. :P

matt - glad to know the NGs are happy. they start growing really fast once they get going! woot!

thanks for the compliments everyone. it's been a fun and time consuming journey,,,worth it though. :P

matt - glad to know the NGs are happy. they start growing really fast once they get going! woot!

For sure, they do really take off once they get going. I dod also eventually get a Purple Death to accompany the NG with. :)

matt - i'm with you on the PDs, would compliment the NGs nicely. now if i can find them locally hehe

jason - thanks a lot. the clowns seem to love the brain as well. :)

matt - i'm with you on the PDs, would compliment the NGs nicely. now if i can find them locally hehe

jason - thanks a lot. the clowns seem to love the brain as well. :)

Inquire to Proraptor, or EZcompany. Actually, look into scnrs.com sometime. ;) The site is down today due to a server move, but tomorrow should be good to go. I know there's local people with PDs to spare... I just noticed this weekend that mine has finally sprouted a baby, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

May Update:

I've been wanting to get some SPS in my tank so I decided to pick up a calcium reactor to help sustain them. I also picked up an electronic solenoid so I can use my ReefKeeper2 ph controller to regulate the CO2.

The CR has a built in pump which helps stir the effluent. It comes with a bubble counter and a check valve.

I'm going to tee off my phosphate reactor pump to feed the CR. I think this will be sufficient since it does not require much flow.

Setup:

- CR is an ViaAqua Acrol-Cal Calicum Reactor - rated for 10g- 75g

- CO2 regulator is from marine depot, I believe it's made by Cramer Decker

- CO2 tank is 5 lbs

- Media is ROWALITH C+ 6K BAG

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

All set up:

IMG_4267.jpg

I bought a small acrylic cup at a local store to collect the effluent. Here's a pic of my ph probe and effluent cup setup

IMG_4269.jpg

So far everything is running great. My ca is at 430 and alk is 3.45 meg/L. There's a bit of a swing but I hope to have everything dialed within the next week.

HUGE thanks to IMISKY for the tips on getting this set up...

Thanks for stopping by...

Saw this setup in person yesterday. It's a great looking tank.

Thanks for the NG frag! Been wanting to get a polyp to see how they grow in my tank. He's got some killer stuff in his tank.

You are right, the orange zoas look a lot brigher in that picutre than the NG. You should at least keep a few polyps of those so we can trade in the future.

hey!

everything is looking good! your tank looks sharp as well have some nice stuff in there ;) too bad you are so far away or id be asking for some frags in the future even though i dont think they'll do well in my tank with over 100x turn over. but i hope that CR setup works for you like it does for me again nice tank

Archived