Coral Vue Hydros

My Cadlight 25g Project

TR3XX

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ReefInChicago
I've decided to ditch the T5 fixture for my fuge. It was getting in the way of my HOB skimmer.

Instead, I bought an AZOO light from DrsFosterandSmith and mounted over the chaeto. Hopefully this will still provide enough light for chaeto growth.

over and out...

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

t3:

i had the same problem w/ the t5/skimmer. what i ended up doing was reversing the brackets for the t5 fixture so that instead of the fixture moving up and back to get access to the fuge it now moves up and to the front. i had to move the brackets for the halide fixture all the way to the front to give enough room, but now i can have access to the fuge with the remora attached. personally i like the t5's across the back, both aesthetically and from a light perspective.

don't know if you tried this already, but if you haven't you might want to.

matt

Looking nice! My 25 is all setup up and waiting for my LR and sand (getting it tomottow night). What crazy is my overflow is on the right side of my tank and my return nozzle is on the left side of my tank, which is different from yours! :blink:

t3:

i had the same problem w/ the t5/skimmer. what i ended up doing was reversing the brackets for the t5 fixture so that instead of the fixture moving up and back to get access to the fuge it now moves up and to the front. i had to move the brackets for the halide fixture all the way to the front to give enough room, but now i can have access to the fuge with the remora attached. personally i like the t5's across the back, both aesthetically and from a light perspective.

don't know if you tried this already, but if you haven't you might want to.

matt

That's a good way of doing it. I opted out of the T5 fixture since I didn't like how the light bleed into the display at night (i run the fuge light on a reverse cycle). Also, I only wanted light where my chaeto was located to cut down on extra algae growth in the fuge.

Looking nice! My 25 is all setup up and waiting for my LR and sand (getting it tomottow night). What crazy is my overflow is on the right side of my tank and my return nozzle is on the left side of my tank, which is different from yours! :blink:

That is differnt from mine. I wonder why they did that? :huh:

So I take it your replacement tank wasn't damaged during transit?

Can't wait to see it all set up!

That is differnt from mine. I wonder why they did that? :huh:

So I take it your replacement tank wasn't damaged during transit?

Can't wait to see it all set up!

Yeah, both tanks had the overflow on the right side. The second tank showed up in one piece so I was very happy about that. :D I just can't wait to get it up and running. :wub: I see you bought some extra Loc-line?

ya, i replaced the bulk head since it didn't seem to seal the display from the fuge. i added a Y spliter loc-line. 1 side goes all the way to the left of the tank and the right one extends forward towards the front of the display. the line that runs along the back has little nozzles on them that point downward. this provides pretty good flow in the back of my rocks.

i plan to add a tunze nanostream for top flowage in the coming weeks. right now the turbulance seems okay but i'd like to get a bit more towards the top.

glad to know your tank made it safe! :)

so i introduced the first pieces of coral to my tank. i went with small frags of zoas and gsp's for now. they seem to be doing well, most of the polyps opened within the first 2 hours.

i also added an eheim aquaball powerhead for more flow. i initially installed a tunze 6025 but felt the flow was too much for my tank. it was creating such a sand storm and the indirect flow was knocking hermits of rocks! GG B)

do you guys think it's too soon to add a fungia or frogspawn?

my params are:

- temp: steady 80-81

- SG: 1.023

- am, trites, trates: 0

- pH: 8.2

- cal: 390

thanks for stopping by!

what kind of zoa is this? :P:huh:

IMG_3180.jpg

pink zoa, don't know the name of this one either. :lol:

IMG_3181.jpg

gsp

IMG_3191.jpg

fts

IMG_3196.jpg

checking in...

i decided to add more life to the tank since the first pieces are doing well.

i also got a chiller and ato in preparation for the hot summer.

here are some pics...

anti heatwave/evaporation

IMG_3290.jpg

green frogspawn

IMG_3303.jpg

brown frogspawn

IMG_3294.jpg

toadstool

IMG_3302.jpg

frag pack from flricordea (zoas, rics, mushroom)

IMG_3295.jpg

IMG_3301.jpg

IMG_3304.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3319.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

louie the watchmen

IMG_3111.jpg

fts

IMG_3328.jpg

alexmurovec

dddaaayyyuuummm, tank is looking extra good now. you got alot of nice frags, got some nice color variaty in there. one thing though, that brown frogspawn, looks more like a torch coral to me, not a frogspawn.

thanks alex. you're probably right! lol :P the guy at the LFS said it was a frogspawn so i took his word for it. i just like it cuz they look like fiber optics. i still have a lot to learn. hehe :P

HammyDavisJr
I think that's a torch! ;)

btw- looking great!

It's a torch. Here's mine.

DSCF1474_(Large).JPG

alexmurovec

you'll be fine with a torch in a 25g, just gotta be careful when you place it. do you plan to keep sps, lps, soft, or a mix of those types of corals? the torch coral can grow pretty large, and its sweeper tenticles can sting other corals. maybe put it in a corner, and you kind of have it in a corner already. if you ever decide to get some more lps, just keep them on that side.

well, i need to have a word with the dood at the LFS :P

thanks for the correction guys!

alex, i don't think i'll be getting anymore LPS for the time being. The only other coral I plan to get is a few plate coral, more zoas, rics, and possibly 1-2 SPS. i'd also like to get a clam and a pair of clowns down the road. i'll be sure to keep the torch away from everything else.

i'm pretty much done adding things to my tank for at least a month. i've already exceed my reef allowance on chiller/ato/controller :P

this is one expensive hobby! (but i luv it!) :D

marvin: thanks for the comment. it's trying to get there... :happy:

• 3 weeks later...
cosmic1981

looks great!!

i so need to stock my tank ... hopefully coral and fish still have good stuff left when i get there this weekend =) thats where i start my hobby..but they are a little bit over priced from time to time..

Archived