Innovative Marine Aquariums

Alex's 20h

alexmurovec

alexmurovec
Hey that looks good Alex! You just need more coral :D

you think its ok the spawn is kind of crammed in between the rocks, forcing it to expand to fill out the hole? if it was on its own it would expand horizontally, but now that it is in the crevice, it can only expand a tiny bit horizontally but lots vertically, if ya know what i mean.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alexmurovec
Shoudl be fine.

what about the extension, it looks different from most other spawns i see around this site.

alexmurovec
If it wants to extend more, it will grow it's branch out farther so it can.

it seems like its doing that as well, its in the process of splitting into 2 heads, and one of those heads looks like its splitting again, it has a airpocket in the middle of it almost, kind of hard to explain. anyways, thanks for the help, i'm away for the long weekend, tomorrow-monday, but after that i'm going to order a couple corals.

you posted on my thread and now i feel obligated to post on yours, LOL

I like the aquascaping. The whole tank is very clean and the silicone job on the filter thing in the corner is awesome. Are there any fish, i did not have time to read the whole thing.

alexmurovec
you posted on my thread and now i feel obligated to post on yours, LOL

I like the aquascaping. The whole tank is very clean and the silicone job on the filter thing in the corner is awesome. Are there any fish, i did not have time to read the whole thing.

right now there is just a cleaner shrimp and a frogspawn. i will be getting more corals soon, and after the colors sort of fill out i'm going to add a fish or two.

Ooh, I love the vid! Very evocative--the tank seems to float in midair...

Gorgeous 'scaping!

--Diane

I just read through your forum and thought your doing a great job...I have had a few tanks in the past and recently bought a finnex 30 that I looking forward to getting up. Thanks for all the insight and pictures. I can't wait to see your new corals!

alexmurovec
Ooh, I love the vid! Very evocative--the tank seems to float in midair...

Gorgeous 'scaping!

--Diane

thanks for the comment on the scape, it took 4 different kinds within a week until i found a decent one. as for the video, i have been doing videography for awhile because i am very into snowboarding and me and my friends film eachother for sponsors and what not. i use a sony vx2000, its a 2500 dollar camera. once i get some more corals, i'll take another video and find a online host that has better quality.

Lookin really great! :D

thanks

I just read through your forum and thought your doing a great job...I have had a few tanks in the past and recently bought a finnex 30 that I looking forward to getting up. Thanks for all the insight and pictures. I can't wait to see your new corals!

thats great that you have found some interest in my pictures and tank. do you have a thread for you finnex 30? i would love to see some pictures once its up and going, if it is not already.

thanks for the comment on the scape, it took 4 different kinds within a week until i found a decent one. as for the video, i have been doing videography for awhile because i am very into snowboarding and me and my friends film eachother for sponsors and what not. i use a sony vx2000, its a 2500 dollar camera. once i get some more corals, i'll take another video and find a online host that has better quality.

Wow, what a cam! Do you make any money off your vids? Anyway, I'll look forward to upcoming ones!

--Diane

i use a sony vx2000, its a 2500 dollar camera. once i get some more corals, i'll take another video and find a online host that has better quality.
Wow, what a cam! Do you make any money off your vids? Anyway, I'll look forward to upcoming ones!

WOW... $2500! just imagine all the corals :P

alexmurovec

--Diane

i dont make any money, we film for ourselfs and make videos that can potentially get us sponsored for snowboarding. i'll make another video when i get some more corals

Al,

I maybe responding to an old part of your post, but I had that exact algae problem. My cheato/fuge and scarlet hermit crabs did a great job in fixing the problem in about a week. I also have heard somewhere on here about calc levels... if they are good and high regular algae doesn't like it, but coraline does!

keep up the good work, it looks great!!!!

alexmurovec
Al,

I maybe responding to an old part of your post, but I had that exact algae problem. My cheato/fuge and scarlet hermit crabs did a great job in fixing the problem in about a week. I also have heard somewhere on here about calc levels... if they are good and high regular algae doesn't like it, but coraline does!

keep up the good work, it looks great!!!!

nice name :lol: i right now have 2 scarlet hermits and a aquaclear 300 with lr and cheato (thinking about upgrading to a aquaclear 500). anyways, i also have 1 turbo snail, and 7 nassarius snails. i used to think these 2 snails i had were astrea snails, as thats what they were sold to me as. turns out, when i bought the new 5 nassarius snails i realized they are exactly the same, and i trust the naming of the source i bought the nassarius snails more than the one that said they were astrea. so right now those and the hermits play around with the sandbed, but i only have my one turbo for other glass algae and what not. i find that almost every day after cleaning the glass, there is algae starting, and it looks like gha almost, but scrapes off easily with the mag float. what do you also have for snails?

nice name :lol: i right now have 2 scarlet hermits and a aquaclear 300 with lr and cheato (thinking about upgrading to a aquaclear 500). anyways, i also have 1 turbo snail, and 7 nassarius snails. i used to think these 2 snails i had were astrea snails, as thats what they were sold to me as. turns out, when i bought the new 5 nassarius snails i realized they are exactly the same, and i trust the naming of the source i bought the nassarius snails more than the one that said they were astrea. so right now those and the hermits play around with the sandbed, but i only have my one turbo for other glass algae and what not. i find that almost every day after cleaning the glass, there is algae starting, and it looks like gha almost, but scrapes off easily with the mag float. what do you also have for snails?

I believe I have 3 Astraea Conehead Snails (that have feather duster worms growing out of them.. one even has coraline on it!) , 1 margarita and a Nassarius Snail that stays under the sand.

also 3 scarlet hermits and a blue one.

Helpinsmepls

I got some cerith snails off ebay of all places and they came purple from all the coriline. One had a feather duster.

But the best part is they really cleaned up my sandbed. I had some detritus or atleast the sandbead was browning and the cerith bulldosed my whole tank once they woke up from the shock of shipment.

Now my sandbed is nice and white and they've started onto my LR.

I also got a couple margarita's. I read they die allot but they changed my brown LR to a really clean coriline LR.

gregisthegreatest

alexmurovec, I love your tank. It is almost exactly what I want to build. Excellent thread you have started. High five to the Canadian boy.

I really like your setup and Im thinking of doing something similar with the overflow to house the powerhead and heater as well as an AC 110 refugium on the back. Do you have any more pics upclose of your overflow? Id like to see where and how big you drilled the holes. Also did you need to cut out the top of the overflow? Im trying to decide between a 20h and a 20L. Great looking tank btw.

The Ultimate DanK

Really impressed with your set-up Alex! It's coming along really well. I have a 20H too. Pretty sure the link is in my sig. Wish I had gone the MH route, but I'm pretty happy with my 130w aqualight.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
alexmurovec
more pics! more pics! any fishies yet?

woah i totally forgot about this thread, i thought it would have been deleted by now :lol: right now i still do not have any fish, just a cleaner shrimp and some corals. i have a brain which isnt doing so well, or at least doesnt look so well, i bought it bleached unknowingly. my frogspawn is acting strange as well, but i have plans of getting rid of it anyways, its more of a hassle then a nice asset to the tank. so my plan then is to keep it all soft corals, in hopes of a future clownfish hosting my big yellow leather. i did get a couple ricordea frags and zoo frags as well, and they are doing well, but some are yet to fully extend, but its only been a couple weeks. i may be getting more in a week or so, but im going to get the corals i want, and then let it grow like crazy, or at least thats my plan. the tank looks like crap right now, zoo frags all over the sand and nothings neat and clean. once it gets decent enough for me i will take some pictures and post.

Archived